Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Leaked Pics Hit The Web

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-7-latest-leaked-pics-1.jpg

We have a slew of new leaked Samsung Galaxy Note 7 images to share with you guys. The pics in the thread below are leaked press renders of the device. The shot above looks like the first "in the wild" shot of the phone, although it is probably just a supply chain leak. Either way, let us know what you think of the shots in the thread, and be sure to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 7 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

Source: Yahoo & @onleaks

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the leaked press renders of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7:

galaxy-note-7-leaked-press-render-1.jpg

galaxy-note-7-leaked-press-render-2.jpg

galaxy-note-7-leaked-press-render-3.jpg

galaxy-note-7-leaked-press-render-4.jpg

galaxy-note-7-leaked-press-render-5.jpg

galaxy-note-7-leaked-press-render-6.jpg

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Seriously? How many "leaked" shots are there going to be? RUMORS of a flat screen, no flat screen...Exynos.. Qualcomm.? When this device comes out it's going to be overpriced and Gamechanging!!! BS! There's going to be a minor upgrade in software and a few tweaks here and there. People are going to pay $800+ for this. I can see how the smartphone market is getting saturated and price inflated. I am happy with my Note 4, and will be for at least 2 more years.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Note 7 is nowhere near the upgrade over the Note 5 that I was hoping for...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Note 7 is nowhere near the upgrade over the Note 5 that I was hoping for...
I don't see it as more than a minor upgrade from the Note4 either. In some ways it's a step back to me. Edge only, sealed battery, just to name 2.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The sealed battery for me is less and less an issue. With how fast the fast chargers work I can put a quick charge for 10 or 15 minutes and be good for a while. Not to mention the "improved" battery managing in recent devices. They did bring back the SD slot which was huge for me.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The sealed battery for me is less and less an issue. With how fast the fast chargers work I can put a quick charge for 10 or 15 minutes and be good for a while. Not to mention the "improved" battery managing in recent devices. They did bring back the SD slot which was huge for me.

The battery itself will have a more finite lifespan than the rest of the device. With these devices getting minor updates only and charging closer to a thousand bucks with each upgrade and a battery costing well under a c-note it's an issue for me.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I was hoping for more, looks like the next big thing is Apple, but that looks lackluster as well...
Is it me or does tech seemed to have flatlined...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I was hoping for more, looks like the next big thing is Apple, but that looks lackluster as well...

To me it flat lined, as you put it, years ago and has been doing minor stuff each year.
The last huge jump in processor was back in the days of the og Droid end of life as its replacement generation doubled everything and froyo changed the game just prior to that. Amoled was first introduced back then as well. Processors have gradually gotten faster since, ram has gradually increased, screens have gradually increased in size as well as pixel count. Battery efficiency has gradually increased, the last major bump up was when Moto put that huge battery in their phone and not software efficiency updates. The s pen was a niche at first and took 2 more upgrades to become what it is today.
There might be some things I've left out ,such as fast charging and stuff, but they just address weaknesses that have been there for years, not really changing anything tremendously. The Inc 1 was the last real game changer as far as I'm concerned, everything since has just been minor updates to each model since.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

It's been a while since I've been wowed. Although I'm intrigued by the surface pro 4. Just don't care for the price.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Tech hasn't flatlined... expectations are just higher than they should be. Everyone got used to leaps and bounds upgrades...but that sort of thing isn't sustainable on a year to year basis.
Hardware caught up with software...so that's where the advances are mostly.
Then talking design...well sooner or later a company will pick a design language and stick with it. Look at the auto industry. Every decade or so they change design ideas and work to make the entire line cohesive to fit within that language. Phones will do the same.
So exterior changes will be more subtle going forward...hardware changes less noticeable...and software will be the biggest change on a regular basis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tech hasn't flatlined... expectations are just higher than they should be. Everyone got used to leaps and bounds upgrades...but that sort of thing isn't sustainable on a year to year basis.
Hardware caught up with software...so that's where the advances are mostly.
Then talking design...well sooner or later a company will pick a design language and stick with it. Look at the auto industry. Every decade or so they change design ideas and work to make the entire line cohesive to fit within that language. Phones will do the same.
So exterior changes will be more subtle going forward...hardware changes less noticeable...and software will be the biggest change on a regular basis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Agreed as the s pen added software to a piece of plastic I'd already been using on my Inc making my Inc more like a pda, something that came out way before the smartphone age began. We've talked about it in other threads how we used to be forced to have a data plan that was practically useless because the tech to make it a must have wasn't there yet. The main selling point back then for the forced add on was it was unlimited usage.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

I mentioned this earlier this year....smartphones have definitely reached a plateau, just as pc's did 2-3 years ago. While I also agree with Mr Staffords comment regarding our "high expectations", the fact of the matter is that aside from the latest iris scanning & type C featues, the devices we purchased 12-18 months ago aren't all that different then the devices that are being released today. (This goes for both Android and Apple)
I also believe that if planned obsolescence wasn't such a concern many of us would easily be able to make the device we purchased 2 years ago, last another 2-3 years, as long as we had the ability to replace the battery.
Folks will always want the "latest and greatest" when it comes to technology. But with most of the population being consumers without self control, the smartphone circle of life continues.

S5 tap'n