Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Re: [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] Droid 3 NEW ICS/JB Project [07-29 Alpha #2::HD Codecs]

Lol im just glad he hasn't given up on it

I agree. If it wasn't for the people who still dev on our D3, I would have already tried to find another phone.

lotzakritters

Reaction score

I agree. If it wasn't for the people who still dev on our D3, I would have already tried to find another phone.

Right there with you bro
+100

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a quick note from hashcode:

FYI, I am planning on auto clearing the battery data from any slot that is activated for the next boot. This will probably make its way into 3.06.

Also, for the D3, I reloaded a gingerbread base to build the recovery in for stability reasons (works with the stock kernel instead of kexec). Last thing I want is an unreliable recovery :p. This will also be found in the next update.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

fbrenomoura

Reaction score
It seems to me that the HashOfCodes forgot the users of the D3, I was pretty excited when the kexec was released, but what good is a new Kernel if there is only one developer working on it? Yes I know he's directed for updates Safestrap and that's good, but time does not see advances in the development of D3. Damn, Google already released the 4.2. And we're still stuck at 2.3 on a processor that has DUAL-CORE that should not happen. The best we do is sell the D3. Buy any smatphone that is NOT the MOTOFAIL

If the situation persists'll start saving money and buying a NEXUS 4.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

It seems to me that the HashOfCodes forgot the users of the D3, I was pretty excited when the kexec was released, but what good is a new Kernel if there is only one developer working on it? Yes I know he's directed for updates Safestrap and that's good, but time does not see advances in the development of D3. Damn, Google already released the 4.2. And we're still stuck at 2.3 on a processor that has DUAL-CORE that should not happen. The best we do is sell the D3. Buy any smatphone that is NOT the MOTOFAIL

If the situation persists'll start saving money and buying a NEXUS 4.

The main issue wasn't the processor, it was the RAM. Hash has done a great job, but most devs have moved past the D3. Its a year old device and there's been alot to come out since. It does no good to complain about the pace.

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

The main issue wasn't the processor, it was the RAM. Hash has done a great job, but most devs have moved past the D3. Its a year old device and there's been alot to come out since. It does no good to complain about the pace.

Not to mention that Hash hasn't forgotten about us. What he's working on at this moment is universal between all of the Moto devices he devs for. After he gets the kernel stable, he'll begin working on our camera, along with other things on other devices. He has a lot of things on his plate right now and all we can do is be supportive and understanding of him just as much as he supports our ailing Droids.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have been running the newest build all day now and is have been stable and the new circle battery mod and its charging annimation is just crazy..lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

i have been running the newest build all day now and is have been stable and the new circle battery mod and its charging annimation is just crazy..lol

Got a link that works?? I'd like to try the new build.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Thank you sir...

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One thing to double check if you have any mobile data issues are the new toggles under "Wireless & Networks" -> "More":
- "Enable alt OEM telephony code": This turns on / off the new google code (probably in 4.2) which is used for LTE+CDMA+GSM
- "Enable alternate getIMSI code": This is for LTE phones which have issues using the stock getIMSI function (it has nulls in it)
- "Enable World Phone settings" : Turns on global preferences
- "Enable GSM Signal Strength Fix": For GSM and getting odd signal indicators try this. Also if you're on CDMA and getting odd signal indicators, try turning this on and then off again.

Also the battery drain is still quite high. I was hoping for better, but it looks like CPU1 and some other portions of the hardware are still not sleeping correctly.

So more work to be done.

I apologize to the XT860 and other international users if I can't seem to get their radios working correctly yet. Let's jump in as a community and try to nail down working methods to get them up and running, and then get those stickied.

some important info to pass along