[ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Re: [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] Droid 3 NEW ICS/JB Project [07-29 Alpha #2::HD Codecs]

Has someone tried out the Oct. 18 AOSP/AOKP builds? I've been using the CM10 build just fine, having my XT860 has no GSM signal :icon_eek: this builds are only CDMA atm, right?

I think you have to do some build.prop tweaks in order to get them working for GSM, but the last I heard Hash wasn't able to get data working for GSM. But I'm not sure as of today.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Btw, I loooooooooooooove the AOKP ROM....

tpence2177

Reaction score

The main time I would have a problem is if I did reboot instead of just cutting the phone off. didn't have any trouble just shutting the phone down. Any updates on the cameras yet?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

The main time I would have a problem is if I did reboot instead of just cutting the phone off. didn't have any trouble just shutting the phone down. Any updates on the cameras yet?

Still non-functional.

tpence2177

Reaction score

Still non-functional.

Dang. O well at least im getting a new case for it this week lol a green trident case. I sbf'd back to stock for now. Got tired of setting up 4 roms all the time so I just went back to bone stock. Once camera is functioning cm10 will be my daily driver.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Dang. O well at least im getting a new case for it this week lol a green trident case. I sbf'd back to stock for now. Got tired of setting up 4 roms all the time so I just went back to bone stock. Once camera is functioning cm10 will be my daily driver.

I've got SS3 flashed with HGHv5 in slot 1 and AOKP in slot 2. But I feel ya. The day the camera becomes functional will be a great day for us D3 users.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

I tweeted Hash this morning while waiting with my dad at the dialysis clinic about the camera for the D3. I asked if it was close or far, far off. Here was his response:

Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) tweeted at 3:46 AM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
@Cobravnm91 Kind of far off right now. I'm working making the kernel itself more stable.

So, it's a good bet that we won't have a camera for some time while Hash is hammering out the kinks with the kernel.

thorrules

Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:
I tweeted Hash this morning while waiting with my dad at the dialysis clinic about the camera for the D3. I asked if it was close or far, far off. Here was his response:

Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) tweeted at 3:46 AM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
@Cobravnm91 Kind of far off right now. I'm working making the kernel itself more stable.

So, it's a good bet that we won't have a camera for some time while Hash is hammering out the kinks with the kernel.

Thanks for sharing! AOKP is awesome btw, have been running it since yesterday no complains, except for camera.

Sent from my DROID3 SD4.6 using Droid Forums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Thanks for sharing! AOKP is awesome btw, have been running it since yesterday no complains, except for camera.

Sent from my DROID3 SD4.6 using Droid Forums

Np. :) I try to help keep my family here updated when I see something that hasn't been posted here yet. Same here, I'm really loving AOKP. On it now, have it set as my 2nd slot. HGHv5 as my 1st.

lotzakritters

Reaction score

Np. :) I try to help keep my family here updated when I see something that hasn't been posted here yet. Same here, I'm really loving AOKP. On it now, have it set as my 2nd slot. HGHv5 as my 1st.

That's the same way I have my 1st and 2nd slots set up too. Lol
I am still having a really hard time getting back to ss3. No matter what rom I have on, it take between 3 to 7 tries to get into ss3. Anyone having this problem????

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

I am still having a really hard time getting back to ss3. No matter what rom I have on, it take between 3 to 7 tries to get into ss3. Anyone having this problem????

Try pressing menu as soon as the splash screen appears. Don't let it "settle."

thorrules

Reaction score

Yes, I had this issue and I re-posted a way to get to SS3 from [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] Droid 3 NEW ICS/JB Project [08-24 CM10 PREVIEW] - Page 119 - xda-developers

Shutdown the phone
Slide open keyboard
Hold M and press the power button to boot the phone (still holding M, release when it boots the next step)
Immediately a menu pops up
Press Volume DOWN to highlight "BP Tools" (tap several times, be quick, if you wait too long, it'll automatically select what is highlighted)
Press Volume UP to select it.

Phone will reboot showing the M logo, then proceed into SS Recovery.

tpence2177

Reaction score

So what are the differences between the AOKP, AOSP, and CM builds? They are all kexec so they all pretty much function the same right? I know the AOKP is android open kang project but that's just a little different theme right?

tpence2177

Reaction score

Nevermind just read that aosp is android open source project. I feel dumb now lol.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know there hasn't been a whole lot of progress on the D3 front. It really centers around 3 main issues with the kexec kernel that I'm working on:
- Deep sleep issues
- Sensor issues
- Stability / lock ups

So, over the last few days, I took the stock RAZR kernel and cleaned it up quite a bit, trying to see if these issues would show up when booting the stock Moto ROM but with a 3.0.8 kexec kernel. Hoping to forward fort any fixes.

You can see some of this work here:
https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/kernel_mapphone_kexec/commits/3.0.8

Right now, I can see some sensor fixes, and possible stability improvements, but still seeing deep sleep issues.

So, I'll keep hacking away on it.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

So another post by hash....blah