[ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

pistacio

Reaction score
Re: [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] Droid 3 NEW ICS/JB Project [07-29 Alpha #2::HD Codecs]

Awesome! Im going to have to break out my D3 and try this out!

Sent from my Bionic

thorrules

Reaction score
Question for those who installed ss3 for d3:
Reading hashs instructions, it looks like once I go to backup my current safe-enabled rom, thengo back to my unsafe stock rom and flash the new ss3, I would not be able to come back to my currentsafe rom, even restore wont work. Can someone confirm if I understood that correctly?

lotzakritters

Reaction score

Question for those who installed ss3 for d3:
Reading hashs instructions, it looks like once I go to backup my current safe-enabled rom, thengo back to my unsafe stock rom and flash the new ss3, I would not be able to come back to my currentsafe rom, even restore wont work. Can someone confirm if I understood that correctly?

Correct, nothing from ss2 is compatible with ss3. As far as I know

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

thorrules

Reaction score
Please help!!!!

I think something went wrong with my phone, I flashed SS3 on my stock ROM, created new slot flashed SD4.6 and now SD4.6 works fine no issues, BUT when I try go into SafeStrap by pressing Menu, nothing happens, it still boots SD4.6. Please HELP!

thorrules

Reaction score
I think something went wrong with my phone, I flashed SS3 on my stock ROM, created new slot flashed SD4.6 and now SD4.6 works fine no issues, BUT when I try go into SafeStrap by pressing Menu, nothing happens, it still boots SD4.6. Please HELP!

After trying multiple times, it let me get into SafeStrap, but it is completely random, sometimes it would let me go, sometimes it wont. Any suggestions?

lotzakritters

Reaction score

After trying multiple times, it let me get into SafeStrap, but it is completely random, sometimes it would let me go, sometimes it wont. Any suggestions?

Ya, I've had that happen a few time also. It is totally random like you said. I think its a glitch with ss3

thorrules

Reaction score
lotzakritters said:
Ya, I've had that happen a few time also. It is totally random like you said. I think its a glitch with ss3

Ok. I hope hash finds a fix soon. Thanks for confirming that its not just me. This sucks though, I am not going to try other ROMs for the fear of getting stuck into them!

lotzakritters

Reaction score

Could be something that SD4.6 is doing on the install. Are you both running SD4.6 on a rom-slot?

It did it with MavRom4.0

xElektro

Reaction score
thorrules said:

I can confirm this too. Im running hater gonna hate v4 rom

thorrules

Reaction score
It also appears that on SS3 SD4.6 works slow, and not as smooth, I got some force closes as well. Could that really happen due to SS3? Coz, while on SS2.1 SD4.6 was rock stable and very smooth. For now I have reverted to SS2.1. I will wait until SS3 is a little more stable.

EDIT: After flashing SS3 again, and doing a clean wipe several times (after flashing the ROM on slot 1) and letting it settle for a couple of days, SD4.6 seems to be working fine again. Also, I posted link to how to get into SS3, if you are having issues with it.

Last edited:

LethalGuineaPig

Reaction score
I'm not quire sure why you're all having problems. I have no problems what so ever. The safe strap opens up every time. It's beyond a step up. I love the ability of multiple ROMs. Way to go again, Hash. You work wonders.

regular

Reaction score
Has someone tried out the Oct. 18 AOSP/AOKP builds? I've been using the CM10 build just fine, having my XT860 has no GSM signal :icon_eek: this builds are only CDMA atm, right?

thorrules

Reaction score
This seems to be working, I flashed SS3 again and this is good info
FROM: Skreelink : [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] Droid 3 NEW ICS/JB Project [08-24 CM10 PREVIEW] - Page 119 - xda-developers

For those with trouble entering recovery with SS 3.05

The EASIEST and most DEPENDABLE way I've found to boot into the new SS 3.05 is;

Shutdown the phone
Slide open keyboard
Hold M and press the power button to boot the phone (still holding M, release when it boots the next step)
Immediately a menu pops up
Press Volume DOWN to highlight "BP Tools" (tap several times, be quick, if you wait too long, it'll automatically select what is highlighted)
Press Volume UP to select it.

Phone will reboot showing the M logo, then proceed into SS Recovery.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

From my own little test, I found that pressing menu AS SOON as the splash screen appears has allowed me to enter recovery every time. Don't let the splash screen be on for more than one second.