[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
CM10.1 / Jellybean 4.2.2 for the Droid 4

*** IF YOU HAVE A GALLERY FC ISSUE, PLEASE TRY MOVING THE CONTENTS OF "DCIM" FROM BOTH SDCARD AREAS OFF OF THE DEVICE ***

OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES:
CyanogenMod Downloads

GAPPS:
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps (Use CM10.1 - 4.2.2 version at the top - 20130301)

CHANGES:
  • [05/08]Keyboard backlight, Shift key LED adjustments (WIP)
  • [05/06]Speaker phone fix
  • [05/06]GPS cleanup
  • [05/06]Rotation / accelerometer fix
  • [03/22]Camera Improvements: Flash working
  • [03/15]Camera Code Rebase / Bugfixes
  • [03/06]BT/Speakerphone Fix (Thanks DHacker)
  • [02/17]CM-10.1 updated to 4.2.2
  • [02/17]Fixed ROM-SLOT booting for any slot (again)
  • [02/17]Fixed 2nd-cpu core (now working again)

WHAT'S WORKING:
  • [03/22]Camera
  • [03/06]BT
  • [01/18]MMS
  • [01/18]Incoming phone call bug fixed
  • Phone / 4G Data
  • Wifi
  • Display rotation has been fixed
  • Camera should work for images/video[/B]
  • GPS

WHAT'S NOT WORKING (NOTE: I expect to be able to fix all of these issues, it's just taking some time):

• Gallery / Media FC see top of the post for FIX.
  • HDMI
  • Dock/Dock Settings
  • Some random reboots being looked at.
HOW DO I INSTALL?
  1. Requires Safestrap 3.05+
  2. Download the .zip and place it on your SD card
  3. Reboot into recovery, install the .zip file and GAPPS from here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps (use CM10.1 version at the top)
  4. I've always tested with a full wipe and TitaniumBackup restore of apps/data.
  5. Enjoy

Last edited:

kwyrt

Reaction score
Re: Unofficial CM10.1/JB 4.2.1 ROM Development [12/05: ALPHA]

Thanks Hashcode! DLing now. One question, is this a stock or kexec build?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

93fuelslut

Reaction score
so whats different in this vs. cm10?
is it pretty much the same? i cant flash since im at work

kwyrt

Reaction score
Got it installed just fine. Played around with it for about 20 minutes before going back to AOKP on my ROM slot 2 (I love ROM slots!). Did not have any FCs with gmail, play store, or stock browser so not sure what that "bug" is being referred to in the OP. Maybe I just didn't play with it enough to get the FCs? Data was good but was NOT able to send an MMS message using the stock messaging app. Assume it's the same bug as the current CM10 builds. Over all very nice though. Thanks for the great work Hashcode!

93fuelslut

Reaction score
ok so what i read was the only difference was some bluetooth gamepad option and added decemember to some people app..
so wouldnt u just update the rom instead of making a new version?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Got it installed just fine. Played around with it for about 20 minutes before going back to AOKP on my ROM slot 2 (I love ROM slots!). Did not have any FCs with gmail, play store, or stock browser so not sure what that "bug" is being referred to in the OP. Maybe I just didn't play with it enough to get the FCs? Data was good but was NOT able to send an MMS message using the stock messaging app. Assume it's the same bug as the current CM10 builds. Over all very nice though. Thanks for the great work Hashcode!

what was the diffrence in this and cm10?

kwyrt

Reaction score

Honestly I really didn't see much difference between the two. Which is probably to be expected as it's really more of an incremental update. But, I haven't run CM10 a whole lot. More of an AOKP guy myself. I WAS able to take a screen shot of "About Phone" showing Android Version 4.2.1 and send it to my friends to make them jealous. :D Screenshot works correctly on this build by-the-way. Doesn't show up as 3/4 size like on the current CM10/AOKP builds.

GigaJake

Reaction score

4.2 gapps, improved notification bar toggles, multiple widget screens on the lock screen, gesture keyboard...

I personally love it.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

thelolotov

Reaction score
This is awesome! Can't wait til this has working camera, so I can use it as a daily driver. I love the direction Android is taking, stock Android just gets better and better, and CM just makes it all the greater.

I didn't have any FCs myself, but I didn't do much with it, just set it up and let it start downloading apps, so it's ready for primetime whenever the ROM is DD material.

ws6formula350

Reaction score

Does CM10.1 support group MMS?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

moccor

Reaction score
Saw this on Hashcode's twitter "camera patch is out on the gsm RAZR forums XDA. not sure if that will work for Bionic." It was his response to someone mentioning the camera didn't work on CM10.1 . Not sure if it works on D4.

thelolotov

Reaction score
Saw this on Hashcode's twitter "camera patch is out on the gsm RAZR forums XDA. not sure if that will work for Bionic." It was his response to someone mentioning the camera didn't work on CM10.1 . Not sure if it works on D4.

I'd be surprised if it didn't. Might need some minor tweaking. Working camera and GPS on this would make it DD material for me.