Kernels, my phone maybe

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just tried to install all kinds of kernels. 1 the right way, the rest by mounting my usb in recovery. none worked. had to go stock. redo it all. back to where I was. Why didn't anything take?

used Chevy1, Koush and P3Droid. anything from 1.25 ulv to 800mhz sv.

Did I mess it up or is my phone of of those that just likes the 800 mhz Bugless Beast and call it a day?

I just want speed coupled with battery life. Dont care about max speed. Just want it to work and to only recharge my phone once a day. Any ideas?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It could be your phone, not all droids are created equal. It's very common for 1 droid to be able to OC to 1250 and then the guy next door can't go past 800.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It is what it is.

I'll have to try again later once I learn more about Titanuim and Nandroid.

serveitup911

Reaction score
I think the first really fast kernel you installed corrupted your ROM, so none of the other kernels could work properly. There is no way that all of those kernels would fail on your phone.

That's why you need a backup before a kernel install - if the kernel fails and corrupts your ROM, you can easily recover to your backup.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was kind of thinking the same thing which is why I was going to try again. I need to learn more about nandroid and Titanium. Even though I lost all my info, as soon as I got back in, all my apps started downloading so I must have done something. That doesn't happen on accident.

I want to make sure that now and in the future I am properly backed up, I know what I did and I know why I did it.