Kernels = I f'ed myself... Help

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK,

So, I installed the Chevy1 ulv 1.25 kernel. Phone can't handle it. reboots over and over.

I am/was running BB 0.4 which runs at 800mhz.

I found a d/l from p3 @ 800mhz in recovery mode which loads fine but gets stuck.

None of the others work.

My last update.zip file on my sd card was for a theme and not a ROM.

I used Titanium but there's nothing in that folder to install. I just ran a nandroid but it's probably too late.

HOW DO I get my phone back on without losing date or at least just back on and running?

brochaos

Reaction score
keep trying different kernels! also, don't do ULV, do LV or SV or MV!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how do I try a different kernel? I have no others on my sd card and nothing in recovery mode for d/l works. It just says "no files found"

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd pull my card out and stick it in my comp but I have no reader that can take the micro SD card.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Mount your SD card to your computer in recovery and download an 800 MHz standard voltage Froyo kernel. I think ChevyNo1 or P3Droid would work for your ROM.

Rename any existing file named update.zip to something else before renaming the freshly downloaded kernel to update.zip.

In sprecovery, choose install, then allow update.zip, then install update.zip (deprecated).

EDIT: DON'T FORGET TO UNMOUNT (EJECT) THE SD CARD FROM YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL OR UNHOOKING PHONE.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
let me take my battery out and give that a shot.. one moment please

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I clicked mount sd card in advanced but what does that do. it doesnt show up on the computer or anything. i am plugged into the comp with the cable.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have both but i think right now i am in clockwork. my fault but i didnt think i would run into the issue or i would have used sp.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Crap, I'm not as familiar with Clockwork. So, the computer is not recognizing a removable storage device being connected? Maybe try a different USB port or reboot the computer. The SD card should be showing up on your computer.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got it to mount up. put the chevy 1ghz lw instead of ulw on. I mounted usb instead of sd.

same prob though. i get to boot, it doesnt reset, it just keeps running and doing nothing.

brochaos

Reaction score
try another one. try a SV or MV. not all phones can run LV.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Okay great - that was my fault - I should have told you to enable USB storage in recovery. I think you will be fine from here, so be sure to do a nandroid backup once you are up and running again.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
whats adb? im not acronym savvy