[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

The Race To Die

Reaction score
Ya way back when prime released test #20 he integrated the bf scheduler into it and I'm pretty sure a lot of people were seeing higher than normal os usage.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Ya way back when prime released test #20 he integrated the bf scheduler into it and I'm pretty sure a lot of people were seeing higher than normal os usage.

I don't know if the link is working but prime did have the link for the version prior, sans bf scheduler. Also throughout the thread links have been posted for test version #19.

Actually pretty much throughout the custom ROM forum you can find the link to #19 unless they all link back to the one, I believe, that prime mentioned was down currently.
Which should be in one of his posts above, after the welcome back responses.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

The Race To Die

Reaction score
From testing 19 and 20 for a while now I feel like 19 is better if you use your phone a lot and 20 is better if you have your screen off more than on or for long periods of time. By better I mean battery life, nothing to do with performance.

korn5979

Reaction score
Do I just flash the kernel using clockwork then run milestone once my phone boots up?

Edit* nvm I figured it out by following a guide on the cyanogenmod website. I have never seen my phone run this fast/smooth. Gj on the kernel prime. I have a full battery now. Ill update y'all with how fast my battery drains.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
From testing 19 and 20 for a while now I feel like 19 is better if you use your phone a lot and 20 is better if you have your screen off more than on or for long periods of time. By better I mean battery life, nothing to do with performance.

I am pretty sure that is all a result of having bfs or not. But I couldn't provide you with much more info than that, my kernel knowledge is more subprime than anything else.
I do think in the OP, prime gives a little breakdown of the bfs and also provides a link with an even fuller explanation.

danceswithbongs

lfylove

Reaction score
When I do primed in mobile terminal it says 20overclock.dp failed (still exists). Is tht normal?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It appears that bfs does indeed create a higher than normal android os load on the latest nightlies, bit.ly/deprimed_previous does not suffer from this. I am investigating a resolution.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I used deprimed previous while driving from Flagstaff, AZ to Albuquerque, NM and had a bunch of force closes using Google Navigation. I flashed back to Deprimed 20 while driving and never had that issue again. Peculiar, right?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I used deprimed previous while driving from Flagstaff, AZ to Albuquerque, NM and had a bunch of force closes using Google Navigation. I flashed back to Deprimed 20 while driving and never had that issue again. Peculiar, right?

I wonder if this particular task is one of the specific areas, of which the bf scheduler provides a benefit?
Perhaps the force closes were the result of either too much power being directed to the task or too little.
Prime is clearly the best person to ask, but I just had the idea pop in my head that this could be the perfect example of the benefits bfs provides.
Since for the most part, we all seem to lack a truly clear idea as to the inner workings and activities of the bfs.

Dance

danceswithbongs

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I haven't fully gathered all the necessary information but it may be cfq vs deadline in my kernel causing the increased android os CPU usage, not bfs.