[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

mightybrick

Reaction score
I haven't fully gathered all the necessary information but it may be cfq vs deadline in my kernel causing the increased android os CPU usage, not bfs.
I would also be willing to help in any way I could; help provide data, etc.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thanks for the offer.

Upon further investigation it appears that it may simply be the bumblebee governor. Could you use your device per normal with bumblebee for a half day then check for high android os usage, switch to ondemand checking for decreased android os usage after 8 hours or so.

mightybrick

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer.

Upon further investigation it appears that it may simply be the bumblebee governor. Could you use your device per normal with bumblebee for a half day then check for high android os usage, switch to ondemand checking for decreased android os usage after 8 hours or so.
Thus far, (2hrs 10min off the charger, but 39hrs uptime) with on-demand governor AndroidOS is sitting at 69% usage. I'll switch to BumbleBee and see how it changes over the next few hours.

Last edited:

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I am running w/ bumblebee for half the day. I share OS usage and then change to OnDemand for the remainder, and respond with the same again. Should I report OS Usage from battery usage or from Spare Parts?

mightybrick

Reaction score
OK. After running the rest of the day with BumbleBee, OS usage actually went down to 53% (12hrs 51min off charger, 49:43hrs uptime). However, the phone is running very laggy. OnDemand is definitely more snappy on my device.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't remember what exactly the bumblebee governor is but if it's the same as the smartmod/smartass governors then it has a little flaw for battery life- those type governors never go below a minimum speed of 550 MHz no matter what...personally I prefer down to 250 or even 125 in some cases...I remember Chevy saying he was gonna work on that governor at some point for his kernels so it can go at a lower speed, maybe you could do the same at some point if the bumblebee governor is the same way? (I usually use Chevy's kernels because I'm always flashing a new rom and it's just easier to flash his kernels and go than playing with yours on every new rom...but I still like being able to completely customize yours whenever I find a rom to stick with for awhile- usually min speed around 200 mhz and a max speed of an awesome 1.28 ghz)
I just wish I could get that magical 1.3 ghz working lol

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

Edit: actually I plan on getting either liquids newest or Chevy's newest rom set up again and running your kernel again...maybe i can break the 20 mflops marker in linpack lol

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I can run 1300mhz but the device eventually hard boots.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anuraj1

Reaction score
metalspring and prime,

What vsel are you guys using at frequencies that high?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Try this script in script manager or scripter (needs su privileges) and test the governors/android os usage. I personally use system (paid market app) for monitoring but the battery use function is the best way to monitor without it.

echo noop > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo noop > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo noop > /sys/block/dm-0/queue/scheduler
echo noop > /sys/block/dm-1/queue/scheduler

I believe my vsel for 1300 is 72.

Last edited:

anuraj1

Reaction score
Prime,

Just wanted you to know that I'm running swapper2 (instead of compcache) with deprimed (without the primed script) on cm7, and it is like my phone is brand new. Fast as hell and butter smooth, except for the broken cm7 camera haha. I am still gonna get the Bionic though I think... But thank you so much for your hard work. You've made my D1 fun again. What are your thoughts on a new device? Planning on any of these new ones we're hearing about?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime,

Just wanted you to know that I'm running swapper2 (instead of compcache) with deprimed (without the primed script) on cm7, and it is like my phone is brand new. Fast as hell and butter smooth, except for the broken cm7 camera haha. I am still gonna get the Bionic though I think... But thank you so much for your hard work. You've made my D1 fun again. What are your thoughts on a new device? Planning on any of these new ones we're hearing about?

Thanks mate. I will likely avoid the bionic in favor of the prime.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yesterday, I was getting 23-24% OS usage on both governors.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

Did you change to the noop scheduler using the above command?