prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That coincides with my findings, thanks for your help dandroidx. Means I need to default back to deadline or noop, it is the cfq CPU scheduler causing the abnormal cpu usage.

jerroedr

Reaction score
i smell an update in the mist! Prime, what phone is the prime that you speak of? if its samsung, i would steer clear. they like to sell products that are not ready to me sold. IE the fascinate that piece of ****!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
That coincides with my findings, thanks for your help dandroidx. Means I need to default back to deadline or noop, it is the cfq CPU scheduler causing the abnormal cpu usage.

prime,
Am I correct in interpreting this to mean that the cpu was constantly being effected resulting in less available for other services and processes?
Press 1 for yes
Press 2 for noop

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i smell an update in the mist! Prime, what phone is the prime that you speak of? if its samsung, i would steer clear. they like to sell products that are not ready to me sold. IE the fascinate that piece of ****!
The Prime will most likely be a better version of the galaxy S2 with a 720p screen and stock ICS. Its rumored to be the next Nexus.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Prime will most likely be a better version of the galaxy S2 with a 720p screen and stock ICS. Its rumored to be the next Nexus.

So far the specs I've seen for the Google nexus prime are android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich), dual 1.5 ghz processor, 720p super amoled HD screen, 4g lte, 4.5 inch screen, no soft buttons, stock android (no motoblur, sense, or touchwiz modifications, much like the original Droid was) and since it'll be a Google nexus phone expect it to receive ota updates before any other phones and supposedly the nexus phones are very developer friendly (easy to root, easy to run custom kernels/roms I think)
Basically it sounds like one heck of a phone so far and is supposed to be picked up by many network carriers

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

Edit- btw back on topic I'm gonna reflash simply stunning 5.5 today and throw in the primed kernel for testing

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

You might want to take a look at Zeppelinrox supercharger thread, he has a kickasskernel script that automatically adds a few sysctl tweaks but also changes the scheduler to noop...he said noop or deadline work better because they are designed for nonrotational hard drives (like phone memory for instance) but most other schedulers are designed for rotational hard drives (basically what most computers use right?) Maybe that's why cfq and bfs caused higher android os readings?
Btw I'm sure he'd like to hear your opinions/suggestions on the kernel tweaks since you actually make the kernels and would obviously be able to really know whether certain tweaks are actually good or not

honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

jerroedr

Reaction score
So far the specs I've seen for the Google nexus prime are android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich), dual 1.5 ghz processor, 720p super amoled HD screen, 4g lte, 4.5 inch screen, no soft buttons, stock android (no motoblur, sense, or touchwiz modifications, much like the original Droid was) and since it'll be a Google nexus phone expect it to receive ota updates before any other phones and supposedly the nexus phones are very developer friendly (easy to root, easy to run custom kernels/roms I think)
Basically it sounds like one heck of a phone so far and is supposed to be picked up by many network carriers

honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

Edit- btw back on topic I'm gonna reflash simply stunning 5.5 today and throw in the primed kernel for testing

NOOOOO not samsung!!!! any one else please! the bionic stacks up pretty nicely to that, except the processor, but i think the bionic can do more, like laptop dock and stuff like that. I havent really been following things because of school, and im still on build 85 or something of winner, so no idea what these superchargers and what not do. if they work so good they should be integrated into cm somehow. In any event, I detest samsung. Ive never held a phone of theirs I liked. The fascinate was released with known gps issues amongst other problems. 5 replacement phones later and people give up.

undroid

Reaction score

I am using simply stunning and I see high android os. I have all my block devices set to noop.

View attachment 39895

Here's the script I used to change io scheduler to noop.
# Scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock4/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock6/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock5/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/dm-0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/dm-1/queue/scheduler

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
NOOOOO not samsung!!!! any one else please! the bionic stacks up pretty nicely to that, except the processor, but i think the bionic can do more, like laptop dock and stuff like that. I havent really been following things because of school, and im still on build 85 or something of winner, so no idea what these superchargers and what not do. if they work so good they should be integrated into cm somehow. In any event, I detest samsung. Ive never held a phone of theirs I liked. The fascinate was released with known gps issues amongst other problems. 5 replacement phones later and people give up.

The bionic doesn't compare, the prime will also have 1gb ram, but unlike the bionic none of that is specially dedicated to laptop deck (basically the bionic will only have 512 MB ram with 512 dedicated to lap dock) plus the prime will also have a far superior screen plus the newest android version and I wouldn't worry about Samsung making it, Google personally oversees nexus phone productions and makes sure everything is up to their high standards
Anyway enough clogging up this thread with an off topic discussion lol, just Google nexus prime and see the leaked info

honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

edit: heres a decent link i found-
http://googlenexus-4.com/

Last edited:
Reaction score
The bionic doesn't compare, the prime will also have 1gb ram, but unlike the bionic none of that is specially dedicated to laptop deck (basically the bionic will only have 512 MB ram with 512 dedicated to lap dock\

I'm reading over on xda that when there is no lap dock in use, the Bionic will be able to utilize whatever RAM is free. So while they're saying over there that the OS will probably reserve ~300MB for its own functions, the remaining 700MB will be free and utilized when needed.

jerroedr

Reaction score
So very off-topic you are. (Use a yoda voice when reading.)
slightly, were just trying to help prime/and everyone else pick a phone:p There are a lot of cool options out there, and if you find a developer that can be trusted its nice to stay with them!