prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have noticed increased battery drainage in the nightlies as well, I will attempt to locate issue. Although I believe it to be ROM related since the issue persists even with the stock kernel for myself.

danceswithbongs...you make me laugh often, much appreciated

A kernel with more slots would require modifications of the CPU governors to function properly. I don't currently have the time to do this unfortunately. What vsel were you running your device @ 1300mhz?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Yeah i have never used this kernel. Im going to try right now. So the highest it can oc is 1300? I thought it was a 900mhz kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

When you 1st flash it the fastest it can go is 900, but via editing the overclock script you can change that along with just about every aspect of the kernel

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed increased battery drainage in the nightlies as well, I will attempt to locate issue. Although I believe it to be ROM related since the issue persists even with the stock kernel for myself.

danceswithbongs...you make me laugh often, much appreciated

A kernel with more slots would require modifications of the CPU governors to function properly. I don't currently have the time to do this unfortunately. What vsel were you running your device @ 1300mhz?

For 1300 I tried everything from 82 vsels to about 92 vsels but it was a no go...I could run 1290 at 82 vsels just fine...if Peter Alphonse's 1300 kernels worked right I could at least confirm my phone can still run that fast, but the top slot in those kernels is messed up. And I'm not the only one having the exact same issue with it either so its not just me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

KJW979

Reaction score
All of a sudden this kernel not playing nice for me, just today battery started dropping like crazy. Then noticed battery use from OS was up in the 30%+ range. Switched over to PE kernel and OS down to a respectable 8%. Was running beautifully prior to this, love this kernel but can't have that.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
All of a sudden this kernel not playing nice for me, just today battery started dropping like crazy. Then noticed battery use from OS was up in the 30%+ range. Switched over to PE kernel and OS down to a respectable 8%. Was running beautifully prior to this, love this kernel but can't have that.

Did you try reflashing deprimed? Occasionally cm will eat a module and reflashing often fixes that.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Did you try reflashing deprimed? Occasionally cm will eat a module and reflashing often fixes that.

CM eats modules?
Was the ROM hybridized with a goat?
Doesn't CM know there is a famine sweeping across the horn and other eastern countries of Africa?
We may need to have an intervention to confront CM's overeating habits!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

DanDroidX

Reaction score
CM eats modules?
Was the ROM hybridized with a goat?
Doesn't CM know there is a famine sweeping across the horn and other eastern countries of Africa?
We may need to have an intervention to confront CM's overeating habits!

danceswithbongs

Only a troll can see a troll.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Forgive me, but what is a troll in the reference above.
I have only known of them as imaginary creatures.
I have to assume that it is an insult directed my way.
That's cool, but you do realize your comment inherently implies that you are a troll, as well.
No one would be silly enough to insult themselves within an unprovoked attack on another.
Would they?

danceswithbongs

KJW979

Reaction score
No, but now no matter what kernel running my OS is running high 15-30%, also noticed my android core apps running in 15-20% range. Haven't seen that before, believe time to wipe and reflash Rom, start from scratch. Currently on PE6. 5 with PE 1G lv kernel. Might try MIUI again until update on PE out.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the scheduler in this kernel results in high android os usage...at least that's what someone told me before...just an fyi