Kangerade 6.0.11 - Pre Release.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Super smooth. Using launcher pro no issues with any apps so far ran a little hot for a bit but cooled off and has been fine since. Apps did not restore a little irritating but it makes me get rid of apps I never use. Was on wifi all morning and was running great. Can't wait to get a theme.

Jrummy what voltage is the stock kernel?

BoddhiC

Reaction score
allinone

Giving this pre-ROM a try. Couple of comments on the allinone script.

1. Great idea, much easier overall to use than a lot of separate scripts.
2. Love that it downloads individual boot screens or live wallpapers rather than having to download all of them at once. 51 boot screens could take up a bit of SD card space, I imagine.
3. Love that you can use it to do the CPU settings instead of having to have SetCPU running all the time.

That being said, a few things that could be improved.

1. It would be better if after entering a choice if it took you back to the previous menu rather than back to the main menu. For example, once one changes the maximum CPU frequency, one gets bounced back to the main menu. One then has to enter 8 to run other script, then 20 to get to CPU settings before being able to change the minimum frequency. It would be nice if it went back to the CPU settings menu, having to then choose if one wants to go back to the main menu.
2. At first I was confused about how to change the CPU frequencies. What one sees on the screen is to pick a number with the frequencies listed below. I initially tried to enter the frequency 800000 for example. It took me a minute to realize there was more off the screen that I needed to scroll to in order to see the single number choices for a frequency. Others might miss that as well.
3. I feel fine with having to run scripts through a terminal. Others may not be so comfortable with that. Several other ROMs have built in applications to simply tap a choice to execute a script. I imagine that would be a more popular option. Of course then you would have to code or find a coder for the app. Might be more trouble than it is worth.

shmoo

Reaction score
Dl'ing now. Will post back with thought/suggestions. Thank a lot dude you're awesome!

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Giving this pre-ROM a try. Couple of comments on the allinone script.

1. Great idea, much easier overall to use than a lot of separate scripts.
2. Love that it downloads individual boot screens or live wallpapers rather than having to download all of them at once. 51 boot screens could take up a bit of SD card space, I imagine.
3. Love that you can use it to do the CPU settings instead of having to have SetCPU running all the time.

That being said, a few things that could be improved.

1. It would be better if after entering a choice if it took you back to the previous menu rather than back to the main menu. For example, once one changes the maximum CPU frequency, one gets bounced back to the main menu. One then has to enter 8 to run other script, then 20 to get to CPU settings before being able to change the minimum frequency. It would be nice if it went back to the CPU settings menu, having to then choose if one wants to go back to the main menu.
2. At first I was confused about how to change the CPU frequencies. What one sees on the screen is to pick a number with the frequencies listed below. I initially tried to enter the frequency 800000 for example. It took me a minute to realize there was more off the screen that I needed to scroll to in order to see the single number choices for a frequency. Others might miss that as well.
3. I feel fine with having to run scripts through a terminal. Others may not be so comfortable with that. Several other ROMs have built in applications to simply tap a choice to execute a script. I imagine that would be a more popular option. Of course then you would have to code or find a coder for the app. Might be more trouble than it is worth.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to see what I can do.. for a script gui.. canvs2321 made one but it isn't where he wants it yet for this rom (will be in a day or so). It will also be on the market as a paid app but kangerade users can get it for freeeee. :)

Won't have everything the allinone script has but it has a nice interface and a root explorer.

Last edited:

silverhack

Reaction score
Seems to be working well and it feels much snappier than 5.0.9

I did wipe data, but that was only to resolve some market issues I was having previously (I was hoping that this ROM may fix it, but it did not so I did the data wipe and that worked).

- Using the default kernel
- Using LauncherPRO

* Apps were restored automatically after the wipe
* Moving apps to SD card seems to be working now. For some of the apps, I hit Move to SD and got an error that it failed. Then I tried again immediately and it worked.
* So far, the only market app that is missing for me is Skype (haven't noticed any others yet, but there could be more)

PROBLEM:
The only ongoing problem I'm having is with the Calendar. When I open the calendar, it seems to be working correctly, but the background is black and I can't see any days/events on the screen. For example, if I hit the Menu button and select the month view, I see "July 2010" at top and the days of week under that. Then everything below that is black. I can touch an area of the screen to select a date and the view changes, and I can even touch a black part of the screen to select an event on that day, and I can see the even screen correctly. It's just the day/week/month view that is having a problem.

jmart8684

Reaction score
all i noticed that needs fixing is the calander. it just shows the date, and everything else is black. gonna give more feedback later on today if possible

silverhack

Reaction score
I like the way the allinone script works. It's very handy.

I've noticed there are a ton of new boot animations and live wallpapers to choose from. Is there any place to see previews of these? (even just a static image)

I'd rather not have to go through and install them one at a time just to see what they look like to decide which one I want.

ss13

Reaction score
Banana boot image FTW. Blacked out Calendar FTL.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
allinone

the allinone script is a cool idea, havent seen that before. But find it hard to see the options and to use in general. but it is a nice option to have and it appears you will have absolute sytem so this will be only an added available option to use. but if you can make it a menu item especially for the cpu setting like others have would make the overall user experience better.

I have to many apps to know if they all installed the ones i cared about are there.

It works , calander same as others. finds location(which ud 4.0 would not)
appears to be a stable system to build upon.

thanks again for your hardwork keeping our phones from getting old(droid x -who) :)

edit: rom manger--it downloads the premium but not the actually rommanger so have to download manually. 2 other roms have done this also , so not specific to your)

Last edited:

gmpdmd

Reaction score
all i noticed that needs fixing is the calander. it just shows the date, and everything else is black. gonna give more feedback later on today if possible

I have been running with this all day. Did not wipe coming from 5.0.9. Sticking with stock kernel for now. Only issue I've found so far has been with Calender also. Otherwise great.

durrell

Reaction score

I have been running with this all day. Did not wipe coming from 5.0.9. Sticking with stock kernel for now. Only issue I've found so far has been with Calender also. Otherwise great.

Same here. Didn't wipe, running stock kernel. ChompSMS bug I talked about earlier must have been a fluke, as it has been running fine all day. I am having the calendar issue, though.

Going to upgrade to a P3 900/125 kernel and see how that runs.

Now all I need is the Droid X theme and I'll be set! This new release is blazing fast.

cjlawson

Reaction score
I am also having the calendar issues as well. I had a reboot during the day the phone was just sitting there doing nothing and it rebooted.

Wifi works fine.

welterbf123

Reaction score
Awsome ROM! Thanks for the hard work. I installed it and themed it using '928Droid's Black Glass for deodexed FRF84B roms' and it worked well. I reinstalled all my apps using Titanium Backup so I didn't test weather the market loaded the apps or not. I loaded Chevy's 1.25ulv kernal with no problems. The only issues that I found was the previously mentioned calender issue and I noticed that Pandora Radio isn't in my apps list on the market, but I've had the same problems on other Froyo ROM's. I'll repost if I find other issues, but so far, so good! Thanks again!

Edit: I tried to change the font to 'Frontier' using 'Allinone' but when I rebooted the font was not changed. Maybe something to do with the theme I installed, though it still should change the font. Hmmm....?

Edit: Reinstalled without theme and the font issue is still present. Also, superuser access is sometimes very slow to respond. I waited about 10 minutes after boot for the phone to recognize superuser access and allow programs such as Titanium Backup, SetCPU, Root Explorer, etc.. to work. It did eventually recognize it, but it took a while.

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All I have done is fixed the calendar bug and updated allinone script to have setcpu in the main menu with a few other added things. what else?