Just recieved 5.9.902 ota

Sgtplatypus

Reaction score
Possibly the theme or SQL Lite changes could be causing the system integrity check to fail. Do you have a nandroid backup you could restore from before you made those changes? If not you may need to do a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I tried my backups but they must've been after I did those. So im just gunna have to try a factory rest I guess

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

heeroic

Reaction score
Did not forever root. Lost my root. Been looking all morning for a way to reclaim my root to no avail. There has to be a way...

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
For those of you who are rooted and getting errors -- make sure if you froze any bloat that you defrost it. The update checks for that stuff and will fail if it doesn't find it. If you deleted apps instead of freezing, hopefully you took a nandroid backup before that you can restore. Otherwise you may be in trouble.

I have provided copies of a few apk files pulled from my system root that folks deleted or was corrupted and it worked. This is worth the try before you use restore;) Downloading app from market may or may not work but don't think i have seen any success that way.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Idk why it put f recovery lol I have boot strap so I won't need to uninstall boot strap I can keep it

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Idk why it put f recovery lol I have boot strap so I won't need to uninstall boot strap I can keep it

I didn't and it updated fine.

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Ok all I need to do is install forever root and I should be good to go just restored all bloat and getting ready to unfreeze apps

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ok all I need to do is install forever root and I should be good to go just restored all bloat and getting ready to unfreeze apps

Sounds like you are getting there..

wseyller

Reaction score
I got my update this morning as well. Was on 893 official with frozen apps and forever root. To be sure i decided to flash 893 fbz and use roto893 to forever root before updating. All is good. Not sure if it is any better yet as i didnt have any data problems before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Anomander

Reaction score
Received my 902 update this morning (I'm in Oregon). Non-Root user here.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
Wait so if a lot of us got 902 without registering, then perhaps it's safe to assume that the testers will either get to test out ICS (i hope to God lol) or another minimal update... :( but either way, at least we got 902 lol

Sgtplatypus

Reaction score
I have provided copies of a few apk files pulled from my system root that folks deleted or was corrupted and it worked. This is worth the try before you use restore;) Downloading app from market may or may not work but don't think i have seen any success that way.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

Where can I get said files? I've tried doing a factory reset but It goes to about 1/4 of the way done then reboots and says there was an error. The error is in system/app/systemUI.apk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait so if a lot of us got 902 without registering, then perhaps it's safe to assume that the testers will either get to test out ICS (i hope to God lol) or another minimal update...
frown.gif
but either way, at least we got 902 lol

As one of the soak testers for .902, I'll just say that the questionnaire needed to be in by 9am yesterday. They were quick to send it out after that.

Pulled the update here by checking settings - about phone - system updates...installed over top of .901, forever rooted.

Out of curiosity, did you get .901 OTA or manual install?

Last edited:

mike02vr6

Reaction score
hmmm, havent notice much yet except my battery life is worse than before after 3 hrs and 27min on battery I am down to 60% battery life and I have hardly used my phone for anything:blink: I have don't a battery pull as well when I first got the update. I hope this gets better.