Just recieved 5.9.902 ota

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
Drove from to coast of SC to the mountains of NC after perfoming update. I use Tune In Radio to listen to my favorite radio station via bluetooth. I noticed a couple of dead spots with no data service that I hadn't noticed before. Previously the data locked up freezing the program when going from a 3g to a 4g area. This did not occur with the update. When using the HDMI cable to my tv, movies did not have as much lag for audio as before. Battery life seems to be better as well.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Received my update this morning. So far, everything has been running great. Transition between Wi-fi and 4g is much quicker, everything seems improved so far.

cleevis

Reaction score
Dropping reply in this thread as well. girls bionic is randomly turning off. No dimming, not following her screen timer. Just off. Driving her nuts.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Dropping reply in this thread as well. girls bionic is randomly turning off. No dimming, not following her screen timer. Just off. Driving her nuts.

Are you on the new update? If so, it could be an app that is causing the issue - can uninstall one by one to see if that helps or possible consider a factory reset (erases everything & you would have to set it back up)...

Prior to the reset, have you tried the battery pull & reboot?

Last edited:

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
One unusual thing I noticed is that the wifi indicator is on and the 3g indicator is blue. Before when I was on wifi the 3g indicator was always white.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One unusual thing I noticed is that the wifi indicator is on and the 3g indicator is blue. Before when I was on wifi the 3g indicator was always white.

Are you definitely on WiFi and not 3G?

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
Are you definitely on WiFi and not 3G?
Yes, I checked to make sure. I've never had the blue 3g indicator while having the wifi indicator showing. At home I have a very weak signal so I use a network extender and wifi. The phone seems to be acquiring the signal better but it is still strange to have both indicators showing as active.

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
Yes, I checked to make sure. I've never had the blue 3g indicator while having the wifi indicator showing. At home I have a very weak signal so I use a network extender and wifi. The phone seems to be acquiring the signal better but it is still strange to have both indicators showing as active.

Ok, I powered down and powered up and the indicators are back to normal. I then turned off wifi and turned it back on and they remained normal (wifi indicator on, 3g white). Then I cycled airplane mode off and on and the wifi and blue 3g are showing. Strange.....

Last edited:

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Thanks bluez will look into that, can't really go with the ext batt, I have an otterbox on the phone to save me some money (and if anyone is wondering if they should get it....YES!! best money I have ever spent so far) I am going to check the JD to see if that will help me, not sure why my battery would get worse but it still hasn't gotten better from yesterday (unless maybe it is because I have had LTE turned on maybe that is the drain..)...wtf now I am dropping data again! grrrrr

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks bluez will look into that, can't really go with the ext batt, I have an otterbox on the phone to save me some money (and if anyone is wondering if they should get it....YES!! best money I have ever spent so far) I am going to check the JD to see if that will help me, not sure why my battery would get worse but it still hasn't gotten better from yesterday (unless maybe it is because I have had LTE turned on maybe that is the drain..)...wtf now I am dropping data again! grrrrr

If you do want to go with an extended battery, Mugen makes a slim extended battery that fits inside without making it thicker (it even uses the original door) for about $45.

mattpendleton

Reaction score
I woke up in Gainesville, FL and found that I had the update waiting. The WIFI to 4G transfer was amazingly fast and without problem.

What else should I expect in this update?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I woke up in Gainesville, FL and found that I had the update waiting. The WIFI to 4G transfer was amazingly fast and without problem.

What else should I expect in this update?

Transitions between radios (3G, 4G, WiFi) are now super-fast.
People who previously had data drops now mostly report they are fixed (I never had that issue).
Camera is now super-fast.
Everything else seems to be a little bit faster.
Battery life is slightly improved.
Lock-ups and random reboots have been eliminated, at least for me (have been running .902 since Tuesday and not one random reboot or lock-up).
Other than that, not much. ;)

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm one of the lead developers on Maverick for the Droid 3 and am looking at porting our ROM to the Bionic. I need a clean system dump from someone with the new .902 update. If you have this installed and can help me out please PM me and I can give you instructions on what I need. Thanks in advance!