Just recieved 5.9.902 ota

jtlayne1969

Reaction score
My wife's phone was updated this morning in the Dallas area. Am I going to have to go back from 5.7.893 in order to get the ota?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
For those of you who are rooted and getting errors -- make sure if you froze any bloat that you defrost it. The update checks for that stuff and will fail if it doesn't find it. If you deleted apps instead of freezing, hopefully you took a nandroid backup before that you can restore. Otherwise you may be in trouble.

Also make sure you are using the stock recovery, not Bootstrap or Safestrap recoveries. You can still get into stock recovery the standard way after installing Bootstrap or Safestrap.

If you're on 5.7.893 then yes, you will need to roll back before you can update. For those who installed the 5.9.901 leak, there is a separate, smaller update floating around that will update you straight to .902. Check post #38 of this thread for more info.

Berniep

Reaction score
Woke up and checked for and update and it came through. South central IN. Stock with .893. Have not had as much problem with data drops lately. Maybe only every other day requiring a power off to get data back. It will take a couple of days to see if this helps. The camera does load way faster. Now the next time a rastafarian on a skateboard holding a leather table lamp passes me I wil be able get a picture.

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Woke up and received mine in south jersey. Feels a bit snappier!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Pulled the update here by checking settings - about phone - system updates...installed over top of .901, forever rooted.

Renae

Reaction score
Woke up to an update, was super excited! I'm hoping this helps my 4g dropping constantly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Just received the 902 update but did not install yet. Had a few questions. Will I lose root and do I need to uninstall my f recovery and unfreeze bloat?

Sgtplatypus

Reaction score
For those of you who are rooted and getting errors -- make sure if you froze any bloat that you defrost it. The update checks for that stuff and will fail if it doesn't find it. If you deleted apps instead of freezing, hopefully you took a nandroid backup before that you can restore. Otherwise you may be in trouble.

Also make sure you are using the stock recovery, not Bootstrap or Safestrap recoveries. You can still get into stock recovery the standard way after installing Bootstrap or Safestrap.

If you're on 5.7.893 then yes, you will need to roll back before you can update. For those who installed the 5.9.901 leak, there is a separate, smaller update floating around that will update you straight to .902. Check post #38 of this thread for more info.

I've never frozen anything or deleted any system things. The only thing I really did was change themes but I restored back to stock and I also manually enabled wifi tether via sqlite editor,but I went and disabled that already too and still no luck

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Just received the 902 update but did not install yet. Had a few questions. Will I lose root and do I need to uninstall my f recovery and unfreeze bloat?

You should unfreeze all bloat. Not sure what "f recovery" is but I have ClockWorkMod recovery via Bootstrap and it didn't interfere with the update. To keep root, you need to perform the Forever Root method. Some people have still lost root but most have kept it, myself included.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I've never frozen anything or deleted any system things. The only thing I really did was change themes but I restored back to stock and I also manually enabled wifi tether via sqlite editor,but I went and disabled that already too and still no luck

Possibly the theme or SQL Lite changes could be causing the system integrity check to fail. Do you have a nandroid backup you could restore from before you made those changes? If not you may need to do a factory reset.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Here in Ct woo hoo!!!!!!!dancedroid downloading my update right now, my data loss was so bad that the last two months I have just been on straight 3g, no LTE or wifi because it would take forever for the phone to hand off. I hope this fixes my issues...(well my phone..nothing can fix my issues..lol) Should I do a battery pull after the update? I know some people have said they have noticed a difference after the update and then after a batt pull.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You should unfreeze all bloat. Not sure what "f recovery" is but I have ClockWorkMod recovery via Bootstrap and it didn't interfere with the update. To keep root, you need to perform the Forever Root method. Some people have still lost root but most have kept it, myself included.

Definitely agree with unfreezing the bloat..bootstrap didn't affect the install on the Bionic that I have...if you are not forever rooted, you can also try the voodoo root keeper app in the market - it has worked on some of the other moto devices..