Just recieved 5.9.902 ota

Jeepdvr

Reaction score
Got the update this morning. Now my phone is actually getting and using a 4G connection. I have seen it flip between 4G and 3G and it has not lost connection yet.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm, havent notice much yet except my battery life is worse than before after 3 hrs and 27min on battery I am down to 60% battery life and I have hardly used my phone for anything:blink: I have don't a battery pull as well when I first got the update. I hope this gets better.

Some improvements seem to take time. I suspect .902 is still learning about your battery. Don't forget, the installation of the update itself uses a lot of power so I suspect that's one reason it dropped so quickly.

For me there was an improvement; with the extended battery I can get 20 hours use.

Last edited:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
aaf709,
Quick question. I am also a soak tester... I did turn in the survey yesterday. I had some additional detailed feedback I'd like to provide, are you aware of a place we can do that... I'm fairly new to this. Would appreciate if you could PM me with any info.

As one of the soak testers for .902, I'll just say that the questionnaire needed to be in by 9am yesterday. They were quick to send it out after that.

Out of curiosity, did you get .901 OTA or manual install?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
aaf709,
Quick question. I am also a soak tester... I did turn in the survey yesterday. I had some additional detailed feedback I'd like to provide, are you aware of a place we can do that... I'm fairly new to this. Would appreciate if you could PM me with any info.

PM sent

mike02vr6

Reaction score
ok I will keep an eye on it, I hope in a day or two my battery life will kick butt! Should I run this battery down til the phone shuts off? Would that help out at all. I am usually in a solid 4g around my house but havent seen it kick in yet. Other areas I know that are 4g the phone will go into 4g and switch back to 3g w/o any issues at all. When I go to work I will try it out there I know for a fact they have great 4g down that way.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok I will keep an eye on it, I hope in a day or two my battery life will kick butt! Should I run this battery down til the phone shuts off? Would that help out at all.

You shouldn't have to. I suggest an extended battery, though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

reebz

Reaction score
A little advice would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running [P]URITY BAS3, version
5.7.893.XT875. I am not forever rooted. What do I need to do to get the .902 update and maintain root?
Thanks in advance?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
A little advice would be greatly appreciated. I am currently running [P]URITY BAS3, version
5.7.893.XT875. I am not forever rooted. What do I need to do to get the .902 update and maintain root?
Thanks in advance?
You need the Bionic Path Saver!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Mike... some additional thoughts. I use the Motorola Extended Battery. You'll probably want to drain your battery and recharge from an AC charger. No need to run the battery down till it shuts off, just charge when it starts barking at you. Also, I am running the Juice Defender app (there are many others). I have run with and without it and see good improvements in battery life. One of the things Juice Defender does is shuts down your 3g/4g radios when the screen in "dark" (not is use) in addition to other things (e.g. doing updates/email refreshes at specified intervals etc... this is all customizable). When you swipe the phone to open it up, it will restart the radios. I have taken a hard look to see if there was any impact when running .902 and found that there is no downside, my connections still switch flawlessly! As an aside, I use the standard "balanced" profile for Juice Defender and the app indicates about a x1.65 improvement. Prior to that (.893) I was on average at about 1.35 improvement. Hope that helps some.

hmmm, havent notice much yet except my battery life is worse than before after 3 hrs and 27min on battery I am down to 60% battery life and I have hardly used my phone for anything:blink: I have don't a battery pull as well when I first got the update. I hope this gets better.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mike... some additional thoughts. I use the Motorola Extended Battery. You'll probably want to drain your battery and recharge from an AC charger. No need to run the battery down till it shuts off, just charge when it starts barking at you. Also, I am running the Juice Defender app (there are many others). I have run with and without it and see good improvements in battery life.

I also use Juice Defender. On my OG Droid I didn't notice any difference, but on the Bionic I do.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Funny, I also used JD on my OG and found the same... on the other hand, I had everything so customized in the end, surprised any app would run well :icon_ lala:

I also use Juice Defender. On my OG Droid I didn't notice any difference, but on the Bionic I do.

Last edited:

oDECREEx

Reaction score
Yeah i just got this update as well.. I was on the leaked version of 5.9.901 and 5.9.902 installed without a hitch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums