just like a computer

deliafleon

Reaction score
Hi Awesome beautiful people
Don't forget these phones r like computers u have to turn them off for a few once in a while I do it once a week
Some of the glitches or other funky things may need a reboot
So I say we do it every Sunday like going to worship we do the phone break
Who is with me?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I personally turn mine off every day :). But of course, that's just me :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I reboot mine every couple days as well. Keeps it nice and snappy. :biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi Awesome beautiful people
Don't forget these phones r like computers u have to turn them off for a few once in a while I do it once a week
Some of the glitches or other funky things may need a reboot
So I say we do it every Sunday like going to worship we do the phone break
Who is with me?

No argument from me, on any account. And Motorola agrees, although they are with 94lt1 that it should be done every day.

Your phone has capabilities that make it almost as powerful as a computer, so like a computer, for optimal performance, give it a fresh start by rebooting it once a day. Turn it off for one minute, then restart it. Rebooting refreshes your phone software and your connection to the nearest cell tower. It can also help extend your battery life.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Being that Android is linux-based, when it first premiered I'd been hoping for long uptimes with rare rebooting required, just like linux. And this was certainly the case on my trusty D1, which sometimes went for weeks or even months without a reboot. And when I would finally do one on it, there was really no discernable performance improvement. Now that I have the RAZR Maxx, I do perform reboots about once per week, but I've found that the benefit is all in battery health and calibration - I really don't seem to experience any OS/system related improvement by rebooting. Which is certainly in keeping with its linux heritage. Windows got people so trained to reboot, reboot, reboot...

Last edited: