Need opinions what you guys think?

Droidrage729

Reaction score
I've had my d3 since last week and love the thing. Every so often not too often but one every day or few days ill get a random reboot while it's processing something for instance today I was downloading music and got a reboot. Not sure if I should return it since I'm not having half the issues others are claiming to have. I I would hate to bring this one back and get a crappie one. Are a few random reboots occasionally normal or signs of a bad device. I'm kinda thinking the processor needs to break in. The my dx did the same thing and that device turned out fine. I got a reboot on that like once every few months. The what do you guys think?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

xxspark89xx

Reaction score
In comparison, I have yet to have a reboot happen to me - and I've been playing with mine for a week now.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I would focus on when the reboots occur; does it happen when using a specific application, or using wifi? I've heard people having problems with reboots when switching to wifi for some reason. Anyway, I would pay very close attention to when the reboots occur. I personally have not had issues with rebooting once yet (*crosses fingers*) so its either the applications or tasks you are doing, or the phone itself. To be on the safe side you should probably consider replacing it .

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Had mine for a week so far... no reboots but had a few force closes... but I ain't grumbling about it...

Primarily the browser while it's working on some adobe flash window.. usually the second or third flash video ie tried to view on a site and the browser crashes... i can wait... still early with this build and everything else is running awesome and so freekin fast...

If your 3 is having crazy nagging issues then yeah...
But a lil FC or reboot here and ther is just saving the OS from freezing up on sumthin...-

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I believe it could be the app(s) u maybe downloading. but I agree, monitor it for awhile. I would also hold off downloading a lot of data for a bit. but then again these are new devices and unusual things do happen

ALOHA from Hawaii

OP
Droidrage729

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I can't pinpoint it to an ape but it is when the phone is mostly processing like a download or going from one app to another. last time I was in the middle of a song download on tunee. The ill monitor it for a few more days I have 10 more days left to return so. I plus I just realized I restored atk when I got my Apps back from my x that could be it?

OP
Droidrage729

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Get rid of ATK for sure. And anything else that runs in the background constantly like antivirus, etc.

Not that I know of I ditched lookout a while ago its not atk its atm still bad tho huh

spruleme

Reaction score
I've had more than a few reboots since I've had the phone. Which I'm ok with, since it's such a more stable version of Gingerbread than I'm used to with the GB Roms in the Droid 1 arena. The wifi issue, I believe, is a kernel problem and not a hardware issue. This is certainly isn't confirmed. Maybe someone would be willing to grab a log of these crashes. I certainly also believe people are experiencing reboots due to particular apps. I've certainly removed any system management root apps that I had and have had a whole lot less reboots since. I had the apps restored as a whole from my droid 1 but never ran all of the system management root apps. I have had a reboot once every two days or so and most of the time it's random. Sometimes while the phone's screen is off and I hadn't interacted for more than a half hour.

I'm just hoping for root and unlocked bootloader status, or some kind of droid 2/x bootloader workaround. I have high hopes for a nice dev community with eventual upgrade to ice cream sandwich.

lunacie

Reaction score
I had a bazzillion reboots when I first got my D3. Decided to factory reset (wipe data & cache), then opted NOT to synch my apps on first boot. I had to manually reinstall my apps, but have not had a reboot issue since.

JT

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Droidrage729

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Holy crap guys. So about 130 today I grab my d3 to use it and all of a sudden this black screen pops up. It looks like a black and white recovery. It said bp dump..... then some more stuff below it. It froze then rebooted. Needless to say I went straight to vz and got a replacement. Nuts. Of course the reps didn't know what it was not suprising they never do. Half the time im in there im showing them something. But that was weird.