Droid RAZR Maxx Driver Not Appearing on Computer

DXFoleyALF27

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a couple hours of research and finding myself unable to resolve my issue, I turn to you anyone on here that can hopefully help me. When I plug in my Droid RAZR Maxx via USB cable, the driver on my laptop (running Windows 7, if that matters), motocast, and everything else that would normally pop up upon connection for the phone does not appear like it usually does. The phone is in fact connected because it's charging, I just can't get into my files to transfer music from iTunes onto it.

What's odd is that it was already plugged in when I was transferring music a little while ago and working fine (I deleted every music file off my phone so I could re-upload stuff from scratch, if for some reason that has anything to do with this). A few minutes later while it was still plugged in I went back to it and noticed the driver wasn't appearing anymore as if my phone was no longer connected. I'm really perplexed as to what happened and could use any help to fix this.

Some other info that may be important after research:
-I am using the SAME usb cable that came with the phone (that appears to be a lot of people's problems)
-Phone is in mass storage mode while connected to laptop via USB
-Re-downloaded drivers from Motorola website
-Have attempted to use different USB ports on the computer
-Have downloaded and searched for updates on computer, and restarted multiple times

All of these steps seem to be the same pieces of advice I've seen around the internet; I'm hoping someone can provide a fresh solution that will help me fix my problem. Much thanks and appreciation in advance for any assistance!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Reinstalled drivers, but did you uninstall them before reinstalling them? That'd be my next step.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
D

DXFoleyALF27

Reaction score
Alright so amazingly enough, after researching for almost three hours to no avail, creating an account here and posting that long-winded explanation of my problem, I got to work. Unfortunately, I still don't know what the issue was. The last thing I did before I got it was powering my phone off and then on again before successfully connecting, which I had already done in earlier attempts so I have no clue.

Anyway, thanks GoCliff for the quick response. I hadn't tried uninstalling them first during my attempts; perhaps that will help others with this issue though.