Just got an OTA on my MAXX

Abby Normal

Reaction score
My RAZR was set to Global also and I am experience quick loss of battery ...... This is a brand new battery I just installed a little while ago and it was great, I could get almost two days out of a charge now it dies out around 7 at night.

I made the change out of Global and will give it a week or so to see if the battery settles down......

pdholtz

Reaction score
No problems here, much better since the update!

ForumRunner_20140123_210219.png

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Phone4G

Reaction score
I think mine is better since the update. This is my second day on battery and I'm at 48%. Not much talk time, but that seems really good.

I'm set to Global.

nhepler90

Reaction score
Ok, I tried to re-root my Maxx again this evening. It was a no-go. I decided to go ahead and reset the device to see if I could root with a clean device. Nope, nada, I get completely through the process but no root. What give? Anyone have any luck that lost root with update to re-root?

I used the RAZR blade to rewrite official jellybean with a data wipe. Lost all data (was in need of a wipe anyway) rerooted from stock, used voodoo ota root keeper, uninstalled safestrap recovery. Then did the update and restored root.

kooshie

Reaction score
I used the RAZR blade to rewrite official jellybean with a data wipe. Lost all data (was in need of a wipe anyway) rerooted from stock, used voodoo ota root keeper, uninstalled safestrap recovery. Then did the update and restored root.

Well I already did the update and lost root so I don't think that would help me.

nhepler90

Reaction score
Well I already did the update and lost root so I don't think that would help me.

I had the exact same issue as you. I was previously rooted and did the ota, lost root and couldn't get root back. Look pack to one of my previous posts and you will see. So if you want root restored, I haven't seen anyone find a different method yet.

kooshie

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue as you. I was previously rooted and did the ota, lost root and couldn't get root back. Look pack to one of my previous posts and you will see. So if you want root restored, I haven't seen anyone find a different method yet.

OK, so your saying that you were able to accomplish root by flashing back to just prior to this last update? This might be beyond my "techie" skills. I will have to search for the method, unless you can provide a link? The Razr_Blade Utility I have does not have that file, I don't think.

nhepler90

Reaction score
OK, so your saying that you were able to accomplish root by flashing back to just prior to this last update? This might be beyond my "techie" skills. I will have to search for the method, unless you can provide a link? The Razr_Blade Utility I have does not have that file, I don't think.

http://www.razrforums.com/forum/dro...t912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html

I did a quick Google search for it and found it here. I was in need of a fresh wioe for my phone so it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm sure if you use titanium backup or app monster to put your apps on your SD card it won't be as bothersome. But load into ap fast boot, (power on holding both volume buttons and volume down to fast boot and volume up to select it) and use the option for official jellybean (with data wipe) you will have to go through and reload your gmail and such. Then you can either do the update before you root the phone, or you can download voodoo ota root keeper and do a temporary unroot for the update. Just make sure that you have root disabled and your custom recovery disabled (I use safe strap from the utility). Hope this helps.

kooshie

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I searched several times over the past few days but I guess I didn't really understand what to look for. I will definitely be attempting this tonight :)

nhepler90

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I searched several times over the past few days but I guess I didn't really understand what to look for. I will definitely be attempting this tonight :)

Keep us informed as to how it goes as well.

kooshie

Reaction score
DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

I did a quick Google search for it and found it here. I was in need of a fresh wioe for my phone so it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm sure if you use titanium backup or app monster to put your apps on your SD card it won't be as bothersome. But load into ap fast boot, (power on holding both volume buttons and volume down to fast boot and volume up to select it) and use the option for official jellybean (with data wipe) you will have to go through and reload your gmail and such. Then you can either do the update before you root the phone, or you can download voodoo ota root keeper and do a temporary unroot for the update. Just make sure that you have root disabled and your custom recovery disabled (I use safe strap from the utility). Hope this helps.

Root achieved, thank you very much :)

Krenzy

Reaction score
Is anyone working on a root method for those of us who lost root but don't want to go through the whole factory reset ordeal? I should be used to it by now but I'm just done resetting my phone, and setting it all up all over again.

kooshie

Reaction score
Is anyone working on a root method for those of us who lost root but don't want to go through the whole factory reset ordeal? I should be used to it by now but I'm just done resetting my phone, and setting it all up all over again.

Check out the link in the quote about. There is an option to root without resetting.

nhepler90

Reaction score

There is an option to flash jellybean without a data wipe. It did not work for me. It is worth a try though.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Are you referring to rerooting using RazrBlade to avoid doing a factory reset?