Just got an OTA on my MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by rotordroid, Jan 11, 2014.

1. MrTommy

MrTommy Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, me too. However, even if (or should I say when ) they take it away, I'm still staying with Verizon simply because of the coverage. Here in Nevada (and many of the desert west states), nobody else has coverage that even comes close. When I was still working (OTR trucking), there just wasn't the coverage out this way with AT&T. Sprint had nothing, and T-Mobile is fine in town, but out in the desert - crickets.

Now that I'm retired and we're going to be spending weeks and weeks out in our RV, mostly in the deserts, we've got to have some reliable coverage, and like 'em or not, Verizon has it. It's been good for us to fire up FoxFi and WiFi to our iPads while parked in the middle of nowhere.

What bothers me the most is, (and this is true of Dish Network, Direct TV, and other subscription services) if you're a new customer they shower you with gifts, free services, low rates, etc. But, if you're a loyal long time customer who's been paying your subs for years, you get SQUAT! Nada. Nothing. No deals, no longtime customer loyalty goodies, nothing. Don't be late with your bill our we'll cancel you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. doniago

doniago Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I did the same. Weren't those wonderful times?

3. haz

haz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone was rooted also before the update (not any more) and my stock hotspot app still seems to work but iam using foxfi also.

4. kooshie

kooshie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At this point I just want to know how to uninstall SuperSu

5. jp233

jp233 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    While there is some truth to that, you can play hardball with most companies. Especially DTV, ask to talk to their customer retention department. Those are the real, more caring customer service reps (I still use the term loosely, some folks still are Clark Howard's version of "customer non-service") but they generally can offer up goodies, credits, rate changes etc in order to retain a customer.

And with VZW, if you're not in a contract, but they offer some new shiny plan which suits your needs and they won't switch you for whatever reason, you can always cancel and then literally sign right back up, with your existing device, for the new plan. Obviously most new plans include a 2-yr contract, but they may be able to work with you better if your BYOD'ing.

6. jp233

jp233 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    True, I used to worry about that but honestly it really just all depends on how much data you use. At first I thought like I'd rip through 4gb but now barely use one quarter of that in a month. Using Wifi at home obviously, and even though I could use it all day at work too (which would help IMMENSLY on battery life), I choose not to. With more Wifi popping up everywhere, huge data plans are unfortunately probably going to become more scarce and more pricey.

7. jp233

jp233 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just re-root using the RAZRblade...

8. Soccerref12

Soccerref12 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +65
    We don't have home wifi except Verizon 3GB MiFi. So if we want to stream a sports event or movie from the web, it's on my unlimited data plan. I go thru 8-10GB a month. If I decide to leave Verizon when I get a new device, I'm looking at Walmart Family Plan that uses Verizon network...

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

9. drtj80

drtj80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It must have been just a weekend thing. Battery is charging the way it should now. Still have not installed the update. Going to hold out a few more days. Hopefully it won't brick my phone or cause issues with FoxFi.

10. kooshie

kooshie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to re-post using RAZR blade utility, no luck. Not sure what went wrong I will have to give it another try tomorrow

11. kooshie

kooshie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure why but I couldn't re-root using RAZRblade

12. jp233

jp233 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow, dang that is a lot. But I guess I might use the snot out of unlimited data if I Had it too...

Search tags for this page

98.72.165 update
98.72.165.en.us update
98.72.165 root
android update 98.72.165.en.us
droid razr update 98.72.165
razr maxx 98.72.165

update 98.72.165.en.us

what is 98.72.165.en.us
will foxfi work on droid update 98.72.165