Just forced the OTA update to my phone.............here's how.

Greg

Reaction score
Took about 10 tries, but it finally worked. Thanks so much! I haven't really noticed much difference this far. I look forward to really checking it out today!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm throwing in the towel on this trick. I must've tried for half an hour last night with no luck...then tried again a few times this morning with the same result. I can wait.

Berto2k

Reaction score
Just got it to work after about 5-6 tries, rebooting now! Thanks so much!

EDIT: One immediate little thing I have noticed is that as of last night, I was unable to upload photos via the mobile facebook site as it said my browser didn't support it (don't have the app). But after the update I now can.

davidwar

Reaction score
Worked on the first shot. Had to uninstall updates to Google Play store in order to update Google Maps/Navigation. Hopefully it should go back to announcing the street names, rather than just saying "turn right, etc."

Has anyone posted any noticeable differences after installing the 4.0.4 update?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm throwing in the towel on this trick. I must've tried for half an hour last night with no luck...then tried again a few times this morning with the same result. I can wait.
You mite already know this,but I was trying it in 4G as soon as I turned 4G off,she went rite through.Hope this helps.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Does this work for a Bionic as well? I know Moto says we're getting the update early Q3.

Riley

Reaction score
Worked for me after two tries this AM. Very happy with the update. No UI lag, no radio hand off lag or issues and no keyboard lag. Yay.:cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Capone76

Reaction score
maineultraclassic said:
I read this on another forum, and since I had nothing better to do I gave it a shot...........and it worked.

Home/menu/settings/apps/all/google services framework/

Touch this.

Once it opens clear data and force stop it.

Hit home/settings/about phone/check for updates.

It took me 7-8 times doing it, and then it started downloading the update, installed, and no problems at all. Some of the other people on that forum did it 3 times and it worked, some did it 15 and it worked, and of course some did it a lot and nothing happened.

Nothing is lost by clearing the data and force stopping it, so no fear there.

Give it a shot, you really have nothing to loose but about 10 minutes of time............and you have a lot to gain if it works.

Steve

Worked for me on 3rd try and I've been checking for the update like crazy. Mad props bro!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Crankintopwater69 said:
You mite already know this,but I was trying it in 4G as soon as I turned 4G off,she went rite through.Hope this helps.

Actually, I did not know that...didn't know where that option was but found it...after 3 tries of FC the framework it started grabbing the update. Took a while to download though...about 20 minutes. Got my 4.0.4 now! Thanks!

Caren4u2

Reaction score
OK, so here is another question: Does it matter in what order that you do the clear data and force stop in? Everytime I try to clear data first, the force stop button dims out and won't do anything. The other way around....both buttons clear. Also....about the 2nd or 3rd try, a pop up box showed up with something about saying yes or no to Google accessing location without applications running. I said no.

rjenk

Reaction score
Worked for me as well. Took about 4 or 5 attempts. The last one I had switched over to Wi-Fi so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Badbird2000

Reaction score
I tried it again today worked on my first try..I had ventured out of 4g and 3g range not sure if that had anything to do. Rocking the 4.04 now