Phone won't download anything

jfrost1920

Reaction score
I am trying to download some pictures off the internet to make some icons. The phone tells me its "starting download" but in the notification pulldown it says either "9k=.bin" or "2q==.bin" and the download just runs and runs and nothing every comes in. I can't clear it either until I go into downloads and force stop it. Ive tried turning the phone off and on. I've tried going into apps, data manager, force stop, and cleared cache and data. Ive tried downloading from many different sites and many different images, but the download notification is always one of those two and nothing will come in. Ive tried 4G and wifi. Whats up with that? Any ideas? I've googled it and searched the forums and cant find an answer.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jfrost1920 said:
I am trying to download some pictures off the internet to make some icons. The phone tells me its "starting download" but in the notification pulldown it says either "9k=.bin" or "2q==.bin" and the download just runs and runs and nothing every comes in. I can't clear it either until I go into downloads and force stop it. Ive tried turning the phone off and on. I've tried going into apps, data manager, force stop, and cleared cache and data. Ive tried downloading from many different sites and many different images, but the download notification is always one of those two and nothing will come in. Ive tried 4G and wifi. Whats up with that? Any ideas? I've googled it and searched the forums and cant find an answer.

I would clear the cache partition from boot mode. I had to this on my brothers RAZR when it wouldn't install apps. Not the exact problem, but it's worth a try. If you don't know how to do that, i can walk you through it.

SallyC

Reaction score
Try going to Menu>Settings>Apps>All>Download Manager and Force Stop. Then Clear Data and Cache.

jaye712

Reaction score
I had this issue for weekssss...not to sure what the problem was.i did everything in the book n i decided to do anotherrrr fdr n clearing @reboot(back to back,messing with it etc)until one day i got sick of it..literally....i bckedup everything/forwarded important files to my email etc,n did a fdr,i erased everythinggggg..frm the ground UP... ,it wrked agian..not to sure why but iam guessing it might be a lil bug..iam not so smartphone technical but iam sure one of the folks on here got yo back..hopefully someone will have a better answer then me..goodluck

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

slado

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy s3
I have tried this several times and it still won't download anything its so annoying! also when i go into my list of apps their are 2 download managers is this normal?

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I have tried this several times and it still won't download anything its so annoying! also when i go into my list of apps their are 2 download managers is this normal?

That is kind of strange as I just looked and I only have one Download Manager called DOWNLOADS. The only thing I can think of is a third-party app or installed along with a browser of which I don't know any that would do that.

slado

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy s3
That is kind of strange as I just looked and I only have one Download Manager called DOWNLOADS. The only thing I can think of is a third-party app or installed along with a browser of which I don't know any that would do that.

Ya its really weird cause they are the same size file called the same thing and both have the android symbol. .. think i might have to back it up and reformat to fix my problem. ...

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2