[APP] Could not be downloaded due to an error. (406) Can't download from market.

Sandlotje

Reaction score
So I'm having issues downloading apps from the market -- I cannot get a single one to download. Issue started yesterday, and I figured it would go away, but it has not. I have three different accounts hooked up to the market and all three have the same issue. I have rebooted the phone, I've gone into clear data/cache under Settings > Applications... I've tried going in under wifi... nothing seems to be working. Any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

SallyC

Reaction score
So I'm having issues downloading apps from the market -- I cannot get a single one to download. Issue started yesterday, and I figured it would go away, but it has not. I have three different accounts hooked up to the market and all three have the same issue. I have rebooted the phone, I've gone into clear data/cache under Settings > Applications... I've tried going in under wifi... nothing seems to be working. Any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

Try booting in Safe Mode and trying it. Someone else had something like this and that not only enabled them to download in Safe Mode but fixed the problem. Not sure why - it sounds like you've tried the normal fix it things. I hope this works for you.

Insidious

Reaction score
I keep having a 403 error on my Rezound when I try yo download beautiful widgets...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I got that same error when I tried to download Battlefield 3 Stats on my MAXX the first day I got it. Still have the problem four days later, I can try and boot into Safe Mode to see if that helps. Yet it didn't work right out of the box fresh from the factory.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well that was unproductive, I booted into Safe Mode and went into the Play Store and that app is now gone. Thought it might be just because I was in Safe Mode and rebooted into Normal Mode, and the app is still gone all together from the PS. Not sure what is up, maybe that dude was doing some shady stuff on his app and they pulled it.

OP
S

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Wow, I just did a factory reset and I got nothin'. Cannot download a single app. This is very frustrating. Worked for the first few days I had the phone... This is unbelievable.

OP
S

Sandlotje

Reaction score
I did reset the first time through safestrap and noticed that Superuser was still there. Right now I just did factory reset through Settings>Privacy, so I'll see where that takes me...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Super user will still be there, you need to actually use an unroot tool to remove it. Or the fastboot files, as far as getting rid of Superuser. Not sure what it will do to your download problem. I wouldn't throw the phone under the bus yet, might be related to the new Play Store. What if you go to the Play Store online and have it send the install that way?

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
Well that was unproductive, I booted into Safe Mode and went into the Play Store and that app is now gone. Thought it might be just because I was in Safe Mode and rebooted into Normal Mode, and the app is still gone all together from the PS. Not sure what is up, maybe that dude was doing some shady stuff on his app and they pulled it.

Is this the app you're looking for?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Before it was at least in the Play Store and I just couldn't download it, now it is gone completely.

monkey_man

Reaction score
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:;););););) I posted this problem before with many views and not a single solution. I wonder that these people that having such issue have rooted their phone :icon_ devil: . Let's do this poll first as I might have the solution for this.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I had the issue on my Maxx right out of the box way before rooting, so don't think that is a factor.