Download won't download and is stuck in notifications?

xgymnast27

Reaction score
Hello all. First off, let me say how I am 3 hours from a Verizon store, so it'd be great if I could find the answer to this issue on this forum.

I've had this unknown download in my pulldown notifications for a week and a half to two weeks and I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it. There is no "cancel" button in the notifications to where I can cancel it, and it varies between two notifications--one says something about how it has been paused and will resume on wi-fi peak off hour, and the other is the one that drains my battery, because it says "download suspended. Will resume shortly..." and it keeps trying to download.

I have 3G service and other downloads work fine. There is no explanation of a name for this download and it doesn't show anything different working in the running applications, so I'm at a loss. I would REALLY like to get this stupid download notification off my phone!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

mamawm

Reaction score
try a hard reboot, i believe it's accomplished on the razr by holding either the volumn up or down and power buttons at the same times. it's the same as a battery pull on phones with a removable battery.

SallyC

Reaction score
The simulated battery pull is simultaneously holding the power button and the volume down buttons.

Let us know if this works. I've seen this problem on a number of forums and a factory reset is the only solution I've seen posted as working.

t4b2t0

Reaction score
I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have done a hard reset. I have killed all my apps and done everything else I can think of short of a factory reset. Please give me any ideas you have as I don't wanna do a factory reset unless I absolutely have to.

GoalGetter

Reaction score
I've been having the exact same problem, and am very frustrated. I bought the Max for longer battery life, and now it loses life even more quickly than my old one. I also have no data connection/internet access when it's in that mode that stains my battery. Please let me know ifvyou get the problem resolved. Thanks!

Hello all. First off, let me say how I am 3 hours from a Verizon store, so it'd be great if I could find the answer to this issue on this forum.

I've had this unknown download in my pulldown notifications for a week and a half to two weeks and I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it. There is no "cancel" button in the notifications to where I can cancel it, and it varies between two notifications--one says something about how it has been paused and will resume on wi-fi peak off hour, and the other is the one that drains my battery, because it says "download suspended. Will resume shortly..." and it keeps trying to download.

I have 3G service and other downloads work fine. There is no explanation of a name for this download and it doesn't show anything different working in the running applications, so I'm at a loss. I would REALLY like to get this stupid download notification off my phone!!

SallyC

Reaction score
If any of you try a factory reset let us know if that works. Like I said, I've seen this problem on other threads and would to know what works so I can pass it on.

Good luck.

t4b2t0

Reaction score
finally fixed

So after MUCH trail and error I discovered the problem on my phone. If you go into settings and then to "applications" then go to "manage applications". Go to the "ALL" tab and scroll down to "updater" and clear the data out of it.

GoalGetter

Reaction score
I tried all of the suggestions here plus some others, and ended up going to my Verizon store. Their only suggestion was a factory reset, which did correct the problem. My battery is no longer being drained by the constant download attempt, and the phone is no longer hot to the touch (it was constantly very hot since it's been stuck in this download mode). I did have Lookout and Norton both on my phone, and they said I didn't need either and that could be the problem; I've had them since I got the phone and with my previous phone, so I don't think it's that, but I did just leave lookout on and took off norton just to be sure they weren't conflicting with each other. Good Luck!

steve3553music

Reaction score
Hung up download

Thank's so much! Let's just see for how long. Wish there was some way of knowing just what download was hanging up so that if it happens again, I'd know what app to delete.

Well, that didn't last long.

cenh

Reaction score
The hard boot worked fine. Just did the hold power and volume down

ToDroidOrNotTODroid

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S3. One of my podcast download was stuck and would not cancel no matter I did. I tried hard reset, kill all applications, processes, clear RAM. Nothing helps. I read this post and decided to go to Application Manager but could not find "updater." But there is a "Download Manager." I cleared the data in Download Manager and, voila, it finally cancelled the download. This process is repeatable. Thank you!

So after MUCH trail and error I discovered the problem on my phone. If you go into settings and then to "applications" then go to "manage applications". Go to the "ALL" tab and scroll down to "updater" and clear the data out of it.

Gigon

Reaction score
Worked for me

This worked for me with my Bionic. Thanks for the fix.

colobe

Reaction score
Made an account just to tell you guys how I simply solved mine: I was downloading a pdf file and it got stuck. Even after resetting, it it didn't go off. So I clicked on it, it directed me to the downloads page, I clicked on the second tab (other downloads) and found it as its status was (ongoing), so I checked it and deleted it. After a 30-40 seconds it disappeared. This has happened to me 3 times now and worked everytime.
Hope this helps.