having 2 problems. apps & picture texts

jdmnizmo

Reaction score
ok so i've had the razr for almost a month and recently i've been have these 2 problems. also its not rooted..
1st- i cant send pictures or get pics through text and when i do it'll send/receive like hours later. always says "MMS messages can not be sent or received until your access is re-enabled. please check your delivery settings to enable data connectivity".... ive gone through the Settings>Data Manager>Data Saver and make sure its on and still nothing...
2nd prob- downloading apps in 3g/4g. it will not allow me too. always brings up a notification saying, must be connected to wifi.
so if anybody can help id really appreciate it a lot.

SallyC

Reaction score
ok so i've had the razr for almost a month and recently i've been have these 2 problems. also its not rooted..
1st- i cant send pictures or get pics through text and when i do it'll send/receive like hours later. always says "MMS messages can not be sent or received until your access is re-enabled. please check your delivery settings to enable data connectivity".... ive gone through the Settings>Data Manager>Data Saver and make sure its on and still nothing...
2nd prob- downloading apps in 3g/4g. it will not allow me too. always brings up a notification saying, must be connected to wifi.
so if anybody can help id really appreciate it a lot.

1. I don't believe MMS works over wifi. In Menu, Settings, Data Manager be sure Data Enabled is checked.

2. In your Market app, go into Settings and see if you checked Update over wifi only.

OP
J

jdmnizmo

Reaction score
Like I said I made sure the data manager is on and I went through the settings for the market is the update wifi and everything is off. Only thing that's on in there is the notification .... pretty sure I'm gonna have to take the phone in and replace it. Never had these problems when I first got it.

SallyC

Reaction score
Like I said I made sure the data manager is on and I went through the settings for the market is the update wifi and everything is off. Only thing that's on in there is the notification .... pretty sure I'm gonna have to take the phone in and replace it. Never had these problems when I first got it.

Fyi, your original post referred to looking at the Data Saver settings. Data Enabled is a different item in the Data Manager section and needs to be checked.

OP
J

jdmnizmo

Reaction score
So data saver is off. the data enable and the the background data are both on. Still won't work. So weird.

gcafferty

Reaction score
MMS advice worked for me

1. I don't believe MMS works over wifi. In Menu, Settings, Data Manager be sure Data Enabled is checked.

2. In your Market app, go into Settings and see if you checked Update over wifi only.

Sally, thank you, thank you, thank you! I have a new Droid Razr Maxx (got it yesterday!) but the MMS message kept coming up when I sent a picture and the messages wouldn't send. I have been searching sites to find out what to do and found your post. Your advice did the trick. My picture messages are going out and being received.

I was at home and using my wireless network. It appears that going into settings and putting a check on DATA ENABLED worked. It still shows I am on my wireless network AND the 4G LTE is showing at the top of my phone.

Thank you again.