Just forced the OTA update to my phone.............here's how.

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
Anyone know why everytime I apply the update and it reboots it freezes at GOOGLE start screen and I have to remove my battery just so i can restart my phone?

Namaste777

Reaction score
Took 1 try for me :) Overall, snappier performance. Not a hint of lag, camera is much quicker to access and you can now take a photo during a video. Apps load faster and browsing is very smooth. Feels very polished. Stronger signal strength (3 bars inside w 4g as opposed to 1-2). Lots of nice subtle touches. Hope battery life improves. Loving it!!!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Took 1 try for me :) Overall, snappier performance. Not a hint of lag, camera is much quicker to access and you can now take a photo during a video. Apps load faster and browsing is very smooth. Feels very polished. Stronger signal strength (3 bars inside w 4g as opposed to 1-2). Lots of nice subtle touches. Hope battery life improves. Loving it!!!

Its not stronger signal at all. They lowered the DBM requirements to reach certain bar levels. Its listed right in the github.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Namaste777

Reaction score
I hear ya on the signal strength. However, just ran speed test (3 times inside) and got around 18mbp download and 10 upload. Outside is ridiculous, like 45+ dl & almost 20 upload. Have you noticed any other features?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is...why are we having to "force updates" in the first place? Updates in the past have happened automatically.

nubby

Reaction score
Second time was all it took for me!! Let's see what changes...
(in Northern NJ)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is...why are we having to "force updates" in the first place? Updates in the past have happened automatically.

Crazy rite.Sometimes WE have to take matters in our own hands.I just thank God someone found this awesome trick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nubby

Reaction score
OK, so here is another question: Does it matter in what order that you do the clear data and force stop in? Everytime I try to clear data first, the force stop button dims out and won't do anything. The other way around....both buttons clear. Also....about the 2nd or 3rd try, a pop up box showed up with something about saying yes or no to Google accessing location without applications running. I said no.

I followed as stated, got it in 2 tries (on 4G)

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Mine worked first shot. My friend tried and it didn't work until she restarted her phone and tried again. Might work for those who it didn't work for the first couple times.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine worked first shot. My friend tried and it didn't work until she restarted her phone and tried again. Might work for those who it didn't work for the first couple times.
I tried about 10-15 times,but I had 4G on.Put it back in 3G,worked first time.I read it worked for some on 4G,I guess I wasnt holdin my mouth rite.lol!!!

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I did the restart trick and it worked for me. I had tried it without restarting several times, but I'm happy I have the update now. I too don't understand why it's taken so long for it to get to us once it started officially rolling out.

Semaj

Reaction score
Did the work around and got the update on the first try.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Question..I have badass battery installed on my phone and I just went through a few apps on my list.

This is what I have for Google maps...does anybody know what wake locks and all of those things are? Btw. This whole time I haven't opened Google maps at all.

My battery is draining like crazy with absolutely no use. I'm really close to just not buying another android in my life cause all of these battery drains have been an issue on every android I have ever owned...and this nexus seems to get it after a while.

As I said before my battery was amazing in the beginning...actually I'm pretty sure if I do a factory reset it will be great again. But after a month or so the battery begins to get worse. Idk what it is I don't download many apps on my phone. I don't really change anything.

I love everything else about this phone I can even deal with the random resets....but battery drain has become a huge breaking point for me. Just can't keep doing factory resets every time my battery is bad.

Lost 3% writing this message!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120611_214756.png
    ForumRunner_20120611_214756.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 194