Just forced the OTA update to my phone.............here's how.

billyk

Reaction score
Tried this the other day. Thought it was total horse****.
Tried it again this AM.
Took only two tries.
I be a 4.0.4 man now.
Thanks guys!

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
Just remember, for those having a hard time......................you have to do the whole process each time you want to check for the update. It literally took me like 2-3 minutes for me to do it 7-8 times and it finally worked.

I was on wi-fi with a 50% battery, but others have done it on 3G and 4G, plugged in or on battery........those factors don't seem to matter much.

Steve

paulyjsob

Reaction score
Worked for me after 3rd try. Thanks!

Just remember, for those having a hard time......................you have to do the whole process each time you want to check for the update. It literally took me like 2-3 minutes for me to do it 7-8 times and it finally worked.

I was on wi-fi with a 50% battery, but others have done it on 3G and 4G, plugged in or on battery........those factors don't seem to matter much.

Steve

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Steve
Shout out to you Bro for sharing the Love.

Reaction score
It worked for me the very first time..I now have the update..I clicked on install now..it said that it would take up to 5-7 mins or longer..and now all I see is the little green Android laying down with an "!" And its not doing anything..I let it sit there for about 20 mins..and I had to pull the battery out..I did this about 2 times already..anybody seem to know what could be the problem?

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Worked for me on the 5th try! was on wi-fi (since i have no service for some reason atm) but it worked!

Reaction score
I guess its working for everyone except me..I'm getting the update notification and everything..its just not installing..I keep getting the little android guy laying down..with the "!"..waited about 20 mins..and Nothing..so i went back to my custom ROM AOKP 4.0.4..and I have no issues except for bad battery..well enjoy the update guys as it doesn't seem to be working for me..

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
After it installed it shut down and now a screen states "Android is upgrading (Optimizing application ... of 125.)

I've updated on my original Droid it has never said that before, I'm guessing ICS has different update parameters and a different method of "upgrading" as it states..... It just finished upgrading "contacts" and now I'm a live with my Nexus. WOW, I'm getting 3 bars of 4G while just before the update in the same location I was only getting 1 bar. Google chrome seems faster too... Time will tell what else has been improved.

Yeah, i'm not 100% sure what that process is doing, but every ICS ROM i've tried on my Bionic does that at some point. I think it has something to do with rebuilding the Dalvik cache, from reading around. Other people seem to think it is a bug in ICS. Whatever it is, it is NOT device specific - I found most of the information I gathered about it on an HTC Sensation forum.

immortal_ben

Reaction score
Took me 5 tries. Just got this phone yesterday evening. My DX had crapped out like you would not believe.

Thanks, guys! :icon_ banana:

mark7568

Reaction score
First try, just had to wait a few minutes. Thanks for the post! :)