Jellybean not being sweet

immortal_ben

Reaction score
I have been running the included kernel since v1.7 with no issues. Also, Jake just dropped v2.4 on us and it may be my imagination, but my phone seems even faster than it was before. Fast boot times, amazingly fast GPS fixes inside a two story house, and awesome developer responsiveness.

Jelly Belly is the ROM to rock, yo.

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
Anyone not able to turn on account sync with JB? I can go to settings and go to the settings for each account. Sync is set to off, but there is no switch to turn sync on. Thanks!

The account sync issue is not a big deal for me, but I am curious if anyone has an issue with the sync issue. I am not able to switch from off to on. Thanks!

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I'm about to flash jelly belly 2.4 . I can't recall, do I have to wipe or just flash dirty and use the same GAPPs . Or should I reflash the GAPPs too?

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Gnatman1102 said:
The account sync issue is not a big deal for me, but I am curious if anyone has an issue with the sync issue. I am not able to switch from off to on. Thanks!

If you go into People, you can select Auto sync app data. It shows all current accounts that you have. That's the only other option I see.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm about to flash jelly belly 2.4 . I can't recall, do I have to wipe or just flash dirty and use the same GAPPs . Or should I reflash the GAPPs too?

You need to wipe cache and dalvik only, when dirty flashing. Flash the Rom and then gapps. You always have to flash gapps when you flash a Rom otherwise you won't have your Google accounts.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
sbenson said:
You need to wipe cache and dalvik only, when dirty flashing. Flash the Rom and then gapps. You always have to flash gapps when you flash a Rom otherwise you won't have your Google accounts.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ohh OK , thanks.....

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
SwagTech said:
Ohh OK , thanks.....

Oh, one quick question. What is the gnex-jb-bootloader.zip? He says I don't have to flash, but if I do, what will I notice? Going to wait on your response before I flash. Just in case ..

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, one quick question. What is the gnex-jb-bootloader.zip? He says I don't have to flash, but if I do, what will I notice? Going to wait on your response before I flash. Just in case ..

Right now you still have the ice cream sandwich bootloader. That zip will replace it with the jb bootloader.

You probably won't notice a single thing. I'm still on the ics boot loader, I'd just wait if I were you...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

immortal_ben

Reaction score
The dev says you might notice faster boot times with the JB bootloader. However, having the JB bootloader also means an extra step of flashing ICS bootloader if you want to go back to ICS.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The dev says you might notice faster boot times with the JB bootloader. However, having the JB bootloader also means an extra step of flashing ICS bootloader if you want to go back to ICS.

I would wait to flash the jb boot loader until we have source builds of jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2