jelly Belly

SwagTech

Reaction score
I'm suddenly experiencing phone reboots and sometimes just shuts off and I have to do a battery pull in order to restart it. I'm running Jelly Belly v3.4. I have tried wiping and reflashing, still having problems. I even tried a different kernel. I'm using Nova launcher, I doubt this is the problem, but I'm going to try the stock launcher again. I am also have problems with Haxsync. It works , but only for a certain length of time. I often find that I have to re sync again, I just stopped using it. This is weird because everything was running smoothly up until today. Any suggestions? Anyone experiencing similar problems? Thanks. I'm ready to try a new ROM anyway. I was trying to wait til CM10 or AOKP delivers a Jellybean ROM.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What recovery do you have?

I had the same exact problems with CWM Touch. I've since moved to a regular version of cwm and I haven't had a reboot or bootloop yet. There were rumors that cwm touch causes problems with JB, found it hard to believe, but after experiencing it first hand for a couple days and multiple bootloops I believe it.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I'm using CWM , I read about CWM touch as well, but I have never used it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm assuming you tried a fresh install as well? Did you make sure to wipe everything 3 times? It's not necessary, but that'll make sure everything did wipe properly

I'm on JellyBelly 3.3 and I haven't had any of the issues you had. Maybe they're just bugs that need to be worked out?

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
3 times?? I never knew that... I did one complete wipe then the other times I just wiped cache and dalvik. Never had problems before.. I will try that , thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
3 times?? I never knew that... I did one complete wipe then the other times I just wiped cache and dalvik. Never had problems before.. I will try that , thanks
Well it's not necessary, but I do it everytime, learned from another RS member. One wipe may do it, but it doesn't hurt to do it 2 more times. Ever since I've wiped data/cache and all that 3 times, I never had a problem after that.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Wipe cache. Dalvik cache. Wipe system.

You should also use super wipe lite going between ICS and jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Nealius

Reaction score
nstructions
1. flash JB bootloader (if you haven't already - this helps JB roms, not required though)
2. wipe data (if coming from ANY other rom)
3. wipe cache
4. wipe system
5. flash ROM
6. flash GApps
7. run fix permissions

also might as well upgrade to 3.6 with gapps 7/14

nateccnn

Reaction score
All this wiping...why?

I wiped everything when I went from ICS to JB but after that I've done dirty on every upgrade and had zero problems.

Nate

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm suddenly experiencing phone reboots and sometimes just shuts off and I have to do a battery pull in order to restart it. I'm running Jelly Belly v3.4. I have tried wiping and reflashing, still having problems. I even tried a different kernel. I'm using Nova launcher, I doubt this is the problem, but I'm going to try the stock launcher again. I am also have problems with Haxsync. It works , but only for a certain length of time. I often find that I have to re sync again, I just stopped using it. This is weird because everything was running smoothly up until today. Any suggestions? Anyone experiencing similar problems? Thanks. I'm ready to try a new ROM anyway. I was trying to wait til CM10 or AOKP delivers a Jellybean ROM.

Nothing against Jelly Belly- I loved it while I was running it, but it might be time for you to try something else. For me, Jelly Belly was a constant battle to try and figure out what WAS and WASN'T working in each new release.

If I were you, I'd try Team EOS's Jelly Bean rom. I'm running it now and in my opinion it's far more stable and smooth than Jell Belly. You can find it here.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
sbenson said:
Nothing against Jelly Belly- I loved it while I was running it, but it might be time for you to try something else. For me, Jelly Belly was a constant battle to try and figure out what WAS and WASN'T working in each new release.

If I were you, I'd try Team EOS's Jelly Bean rom. I'm running it now and in my opinion it's far more stable and smooth than Jell Belly. You can find it here.

Thanks for the link. I've been wanting to try something new anyway. Going to flash now. Give details later
Quick question, is this for Verizon as well or just GSM? I don't see anything about Toro...

Last edited: