what happened?

SwagTech

Reaction score
Ok, so my computer crashed yesterday and I bought a new one. I connected my nexus to it with the intention of putting my music onto the new computer. Shortly after, my phone started acting weird and also rebooted. I lost all my music and ring tones. My pictures were gone as well, so I thought. I downloaded a app called quick pic and what do you know, there are my pictures!! I have my music on a SD card, but I can't seem to transfer it to my phone. I have reflashed my Rom and Gapps. I don't know what to do. I was trying to free up some space on my phone so I deleted old nandroid backups. I hope I didn't do anything bad. I'm running AOKP JELLY BEAN and Franco Kernel.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
did your pc install the phone drivers properly?

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
dezymond said:
did your pc install the phone drivers properly?

No not initially. I had to find the correct drivers today.. I'm able to connect the phone and see it, but I can't put music on it. I've tried mtp and using it as a camera... I am clueless

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't get why the phone files would be missing, but drivers could be a big issue, I had quite the hassle with them a few months back...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've read several posts about JB being wonky with the gallery/pictures. So seems to be a known bug for some. Oh well, good thing Quickpic works!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Today's update to ROM Manager is what is causing your problems. Tons of people were freaking out!

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
Today's update to ROM Manager is what is causing your problems. Tons of people were freaking out!

I wonder should I delete rom manager for now? I'm getting alot of reboots as well.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I wonder should I delete rom manager for now? I'm getting alot of reboots as well.

With the update today for ROM Manager it adds a no media file to your SD card which causes them to disappear. I fixed mine by uninstalling ROM Manager, then using root explorer and deleting the no media file then rebooting. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
NicoleNXD said:
With the update today for ROM Manager it adds a no media file to your SD card which causes them to disappear. I fixed mine by uninstalling ROM Manager, then using root explorer and deleting the no media file then rebooting. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the fix. I will try it out now. I resulted to using Google play.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
Deleting the .nomedia file & ROM manager only gave me the gallery/pics back. I still can't seem to get the music back. Its frustrating. Flashing backups or new roms do nothing.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
HEMLOCK said:
Deleting the .nomedia file & ROM manager only gave me the gallery/pics back. I still can't seem to get the music back. Its frustrating. Flashing backups or new roms do nothing.

Me either.. I'm using Google play for the music.