Jellybean not being sweet

SwagTech

Reaction score
I had to revert back to AOKP 40 because the Vicious Jellybean rom started acting crazy. I would place my phone in sleep mode but sometimes when I hit the power key, it wouldn't wake up. I also had a couple reboots and quite often it would simply freeze up. This just started no more than two days ago. I kept pulling the battery but I would get no further than the Google screen with the unlocked symbol. I was able to get into recovery so I reflashed the rom after wiping every thing and it still wouldn't reboot fully. I reflashed the AOKP rom rather than restoring a backup. It booted ! Running smoothly as before. Is anyone else having trouble with jelly bean? Did I do something wrong? Strange that I wasn't having any problems the other day. I was using vicious jellybean version 3. I want to try again, but I'm thinking I will just wait til CyanogenMod 10 drops or AOKP's version of 4.1

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This had happened to me a few days ago. Not sure why.. all seems to be in working order now though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

T-Dev

Reaction score
boot times in JB can be as high as 10 minutes... wait for it and it should boot :)

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
Anyone not able to turn on account sync with JB? I can go to settings and go to the settings for each account. Sync is set to off, but there is no switch to turn sync on. Thanks!

david14807

Reaction score
I had to revert back to AOKP 40 because the Vicious Jellybean rom started acting crazy. I would place my phone in sleep mode but sometimes when I hit the power key, it wouldn't wake up. I also had a couple reboots and quite often it would simply freeze up. This just started no more than two days ago. I kept pulling the battery but I would get no further than the Google screen with the unlocked symbol. I was able to get into recovery so I reflashed the rom after wiping every thing and it still wouldn't reboot fully. I reflashed the AOKP rom rather than restoring a backup. It booted ! Running smoothly as before. Is anyone else having trouble with jelly bean? Did I do something wrong? Strange that I wasn't having any problems the other day. I was using vicious jellybean version 3. I want to try again, but I'm thinking I will just wait til CyanogenMod 10 drops or AOKP's version of 4.1

I have also had problems with Jelly Bean.
After installing the ROM and GAPPs I restored my apps with Titanium Back Up.
I like Nova Launcher; I made it my default launcher.
I rebooted the phone and I couldn’t get past the Google screen, ARGH.
Nothing I did would get the phone working again.
I ran Wug’s Toolkit to get up and running again.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses! I visiting my parents and away from my computer. So I will wait a few days until I get home and try again, just in case something goes wrong. Already starting to miss Jellybean and its only been a few hours lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've had a ton of trouble before. I would get stuck in boot loops all the time, more than once a day in act.

What recovery are you using? If you are using cwr touch, revert back to a regular version of cwr. Ever since I did that I haven't had a single issue with my JB ROM. I've switched to axiom, but before JD's and jellybelly were giving me all sorts of problems. I think cwr touch messes with something within JB and it causes boot loops and corrupts the data.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I'm using CW. I was just going to upgrade to CW touch, thanks for saving me from the trouble!!

Jdt283

Reaction score

If you feel like flashing something again, i HIGHLY suggest running jelly belly. it works great for me. i think its a great start to expierence jelly bean. Once AOKP and CM10 come out, im trying those though..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've been on axi0m the past 2 days and no issues. In fact, I think DT even made battery life better.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Jdt283 said:
If you feel like flashing something again, i HIGHLY suggest running jelly belly. it works great for me. i think its a great start to expierence jelly bean. Once AOKP and CM10 come out, im trying those though..

I'm really thinking about flashing jelly belly right now. I hate setting my phone the way I like it, only to have to do it over again. I'm addicted lol.. I'm going to flash it now!! I love jelly bean that much...y'all talked me into it .. I will be back ---------

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I flashed the Jelly belly ROM and so far soo great!!! I really like it... thanks again for the suggestion. Did you change the kernel or use the included one?