Issue with SBF Liberty 2.01 and kernal

WAZZSUP

Reaction score
Here is the scoop.

I was running LIBERTY2.01 without issue, and decided to try thru the toolbox ( NIghtlies)LGB V5. The first step I took was upgrading the Kernal...then I was going to upgrade to V1 and so forth.
I was adding the Kernal and went into loop....

So far I down loaded RSDLite 4.9 and installed....it only worked on one of my laptops not on my Windows7 tower.

I then installed ( Moto ) the drvers so when I plugged the phone in it see's it.

I downloaded the most recent SBF .340

I have tried 3 times. It shows 100% on the first progress report...but where it says something about renumerizing or something like that it says Flash Failure....I can still get to the screen on my phone that says Bootloader 30.04...Battery OK ...OK to Program...Transfer Mode USB. Thoughts, coments sure would be welcome....it has been a long day.

barski

Reaction score
Try re-downloading or finding a different source for your SBF. And Run RSD as an Administrator.

I have flashed on my laptop and my desktop, both running windows 7.

Shadows9909

Reaction score
I highly recommend using Linux to sbf.. works flawlessly everytime... pm me if you want help with that... but make sure you are running rsdlite as an administrator. Rsdlite Is very buggy. I think what you did wrong is you don't flash the kernel first...

Sent from my DROIDX

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Here is the scoop.

I was running LIBERTY2.01 without issue, and decided to try thru the toolbox ( NIghtlies)LGB V5. The first step I took was upgrading the Kernal...then I was going to upgrade to V1 and so forth.
I was adding the Kernal and went into loop....

The kernel is only for use with V0.5 which was on a different leak than 0.1-0.4. This is the root of your issue. Follow the previous posts instructions about RSD, etc in order to get yourself back to a working state.

OP
W

WAZZSUP

Reaction score
...will update if I get it working

still working on getting it working. Redownloading the file, and may end up trying a different operating system as well. Should know in a few hours. Hate the thought of buying a new phone

OP
W

WAZZSUP

Reaction score
Hope I helped

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

re-downloaded the file...check...battery charged...check. Fingers crossed,

...UPDATE.

The RSDLite status column says " Failed flashing process, not sure what to try next.

Last edited:
OP
W

WAZZSUP

Reaction score
Here is the latest.

When the problem started you could see the " Liberty" on the black screen.

I downloaded Linux and was able to get the phone to complete 100% and showed reboot.

The phone now has a White M then goes into boot animation with the Eagle rotating???
Should I wait longer or re-SBF...things are looking better...I guess.