am i screwed. sbf back to froyo

jeff5347

Reaction score
Ok so i went to sbf back to froyo to get 340 and got it in bootloader, got my sbf file, and it said it was going up in %. My stupidity it was at 15%batt and i thought having it in the computer and charging it would be fine. Well it came back saying fail and bootloader 30.04-- code corrupt- batt low- cannot program aqll on seperate lines.
What dio i do from here

stillwaiting

Reaction score
See if you can find someone else with an X and charge your battery using their phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
i have no one that has a droid or a battery like mine. I call verizon to see what they would say and told them in the middle of an updat it died. He had me do a home and power button to see if i would get the ! with triangle but it never came tried some other stuff but he basically said the phone is crashed and they would be sending me out a new phone. Beofre this happen i did titanium back up and a CWR. Will i have everything saved onto the SD card or am i gonna start from zero again?

Dullawolf

Reaction score
i have no one that has a droid or a battery like mine. I call verizon to see what they would say and told them in the middle of an updat it died. He had me do a home and power button to see if i would get the ! with triangle but it never came tried some other stuff but he basically said the phone is crashed and they would be sending me out a new phone. Beofre this happen i did titanium back up and a CWR. Will i have everything saved onto the SD card or am i gonna start from zero again?

check ebay. i ordered 2 droid x batteries for 12 bucks shipped and recieved them in like 2 days. new and oem. you are looking at about 40 bucks going through verizon.

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
the verizon rep says my phone is toast. This is my thought. Before i did the sbf that went to hell i tita backupd and CWR'd the phone. I dont know what im gonna get for a version ...596 or .340. But since all the stuff is saved on my sd card. Is it gonna just have saved my whole setup that was on my phone. Meaning if i get this new one and get z4root and droid2 bootstrapper. Will i be able to go to bootstrap recovery and recover all my data and have basically the sam phone. The rooted .596 and all the apps and junk i had?

Dullawolf

Reaction score
your phone isn't toast. the verizon rep is a newb and doesn't know what he is talking about. if you cant find someone that that has a droid x, then just go to ebay ----->> Original Motorola OEM Battery BH5X for DROID X MB810 | eBay there is the link for you. order a battery for 6 bucks. Chances are, it will come pretty close to fully charged. Just put it in your phone and finish your sbf. Dont buy a new phone. if you do, i will pay for shipping and you can send me your old phone and go and buy yoru self a new phone.

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
def not disagreeing but i was wondering something. Since my batt is dead he said leave the batt out, plug into the wall charger then hold home and power and see if the ! and tri come on. No go. Does the phone realize the diff from the charger or a charged battery. One thing im doing is right now hotwire charging the batt for 7 min like this from here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html. Hoping this will give the phone a charge to do the sbf.

"Code Corrupt" Error
Some Info
Chances are that if you are getting this error, you probably tried to reflash the .sbf and something went awry (for me it was that I only waited to charge the battery for 10% :p).
Symptoms
You'll know your at this screen because, well, you'll be scared to death for your phone. This screen looks like the bootloader screen but it says "Code Corrupt" on it. If the screen says that your battery is okay and RSD Lite can still see it when you connect it to your computer, scroll up to The Infinite Boot Loop and go to the section How to Fix in order to fix the error.
How to Fix
One thing that you may notice is that when you have this error, your phone will not charge the battery and you'll only be able to see the screen turn on if its plugged into the wall. Somewhere on the screen it will say "Your Battery is Low" and "Cannot Reprogram" or something like that. The easiest way to get through this is to find a friend with a charged battery or go to your local Verizon store and see if they have a demo phone they can use to charge your battery. If you're like me though you will not be lucky in any sense like this so you will have to find the MacGyver inside of you and get a little creative. What you need for this is an old USB cord. One end must be a standard USB cable head and the other can pretty much be anything. Once you have that, follow these steps:

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

Note: As tested by parm289, you can skip steps 7 & 8 and just use the cable to charge the battery if you'd like. He recommends allowing it to charge for 6-7 minutes before placing it back into the phone. Thanks parm!

TRY THIS BEFORE TRYING STEPS 7 & 8 BECAUSE IF YOU SCREW UP ON STEPS 7 & 8 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR PHONE

7. While still holding the leads on their respective terminals, slide the battery back into place in the phone. MAKE SURE THE WIRES ARE NOT TOUCHING WHEN YOU PUT THE BATTERY INTO THE PHONE! BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN ONCE YOU PLUG THE CORD INTO THE COMPUTER!

8. Once the battery is in place and the wires are on the correct terminals but not touching each other, plug the USB cord into the computer. If all has gone as it should, the screen on your phone should come on (may have to press the power button) and the phone should be telling you that the battery charge is okay and that it is okay to program. YAY! Your phone is almost back to normal!

9. Go back up to the previous section in this post that tells you how to reflash the .sbf and follow all of the instructions there. Once that has finished flashing the .sbf to your phone, your phone should be back to working order! You will most likely have to redo the entire setup on your phone but at least your phone is no longer a fancy paperweight
dancingDroid.gif

Thanks to some help from other members of this forum, we have found out that you will need to reprogram your phone after flashing the .sbf if you didn't do a factory reset. This can be done by calling Verizon Wireless' toll free number (1.800.295.1614 Monday–Friday, 7AM–11PM EST - United States) and having them reactivate your phone. However, if you do a factory reset your phone will be able to reactivate itself but all the apps on your phone will be lost. Everything on your memory card should still be intact though so you may be able to reinstall your apps from that.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
What about using a factory programming cable to sbf? The cable powers the phone from usb unlike the stock usb cable that comes with your phone. I've used it to sbf my phone without the battery in it and works everytime.

CM74D2

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok well that 7 minutes either isnt long enough or there wasnt a good connection , as it still came up batt low- corrupt. Gonna try it for 1/2 hr and see.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about using a factory programming cable to sbf? The cable powers the phone from usb unlike the stock usb cable that comes with your phone. I've used it to sbf my phone without the battery in it and works everytime.

CM74D2

That will work, but unfortunately, nobody really sells them and its pretty hard to get good connections when soldering stuff that small.

CM74DX

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok so i got the hotwire method to give the batt juice. Now when i put it in the phone it says batt is good ok to program phone. I hook it to the comp and rsdlite recognizes it but it wont reflash the sbf304 saying internal error while programming phone. Where do i go from here since i got the batt going good?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You could try the stock gb sbf to see if that will take, if it does let your phone charge then flash froyo. If that doesnt work try getting into recovery and do a wipe then boot into the bootstrap and see if you can flash the .340 sbf then.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
i tried the home button and power.... also tried power vol up and cam... all get me no where. Only screen i get is the 30.04 batt ok to prog and code corrupt
I dont know how else to get out of it