Is there someway I can do a factory reset and not have apps restored?

celticdaddio

Reaction score
When I do a factory reset of my Droid and go through the setup process and everything I find that all my apps are restored. I don't necessarily want this. Sometimes I want to do a factory reset to wipe out my apps and then reinstall the ones I really like. Is there someway I can do a factory reset and not have apps restored?
CD

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uninstall the apps through the market prior to factory reset & they will not restore.

OP
C

celticdaddio

Reaction score
Any other way? I have a bunch of apps and I didn't want to have to go through all of those and uninstall... and the batch features on unistall apps still require I go through the process of click uninstall, tell why etc.

sharkerbaby

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it'll work on a non rooted device but once the phone boots rather than inputting your google account if you tap the four corners clockwise beginning with the upper left corner you should be able to go into the market and selectively install whatever apps you choose.

Skull One

Reaction score
Sharkerbaby is correct.

The procedure is to start at the top left and work clockwise touching each of the four corners. Then you go to the market, which asks you to sign in. Do so. Leave the Market and go into system settings, Accounts & sync to setup your accounts needed.

This is currently the only way I am aware of to get the affect your are looking for.

Metalunna

Reaction score
Do a factory reset of your phone.
When it asks for your Google ID, just "Next through it". Dont enter an ID.
When the Home screen appears, go to Settings - Privacy. Uncheck "Backup my data" and Automatic Restore.

(EDIT) - Now associate your phone with your google ID
I believe that once you associate your phone, you should be able to go into the market and download the apps you want.

I did this to my phone a while ago..I found this out because I could not for the life of me figure out why my WIFI settings kept appearing after a factory reset.

BTW..this was on a D1

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What i always do is when you first sign in and all just set the phone to wifi or airplane mode that should disrupt the restore and then if you come back out of wifi or airplane mode right after it shouldn't start up again

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sharkerbaby is correct.

The procedure is to start at the top left and work clockwise touching each of the four corners. Then you go to the market, which asks you to sign in. Do so. Leave the Market and go into system settings, Accounts & sync to setup your accounts needed.

This is currently the only way I am aware of to get the affect your are looking for.

Do a factory reset of your phone.
When it asks for your Google ID, just "Next through it". Dont enter an ID.
When the Home screen appears, go to Settings - Privacy. Uncheck "Backup my data" and Automatic Restore.

(EDIT) - Now associate your phone with your google ID
I believe that once you associate your phone, you should be able to go into the market and download the apps you want.

I did this to my phone a while ago..I found this out because I could not for the life of me figure out why my WIFI settings kept appearing after a factory reset.

BTW..this was on a D1

What i always do is when you first sign in and all just set the phone to wifi or airplane mode that should disrupt the restore and then if you come back out of wifi or airplane mode right after it shouldn't start up again

Wow, I never knew any of these ideas. Thanks guys.

Troops2990

Reaction score
When i unrooted mine none of my apps came back (except for the paid ones) for some reason eventhough i signed in right away... Also the g/f's phone was acting up and verizon told me to do a factory reset and none of her's came back automatically either..but in the past after installing a new rom on mine they would come back.. howcome sometimes it does it automatically and sometimes not?