Is there something wrong with my battery?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by remedemic, Dec 15, 2011.

1. remedemic

remedemic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After numerous attempts of trying to boost my battery, the damn thing still goes down way too fast. I began to think that maybe something is wrong with it. After conducting a test, I got this:

10 Minutes of 3G web browsing = 8% battery

My browsing included looking through several news sites (cnn.com, digg.com, and yahoo.com). Brightness was at 20% the whole time. Is this statistic way too low, or is it actually normal?

2. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +61
    That sounds way to high for 3g web browsing. I have had the Bionic, Charge and Tbolt. They lasted a minimum of 4 hours, 4.5 hours, and 3 hours while doing extremely heavy, consistent data usage via HD Youtube and Netflix. Also these tests were on 4G. If your battery is not lasting longer than 3.5-4 hours at a minimum I would say take the phone back.

**Note, all tests I mentioned were with the stock battery which is 1800mAh for the Bionic, 1600mAh for the Charge and a miserable 1400mAh for the Tbolt.**

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. jrpbulk

jrpbulk Member

Ratings:
    +4
    @reme - I had very similar experiences. I ended up exchanging mine for a new one and I ma getting much better usage, but not great.

4. remedemic

remedemic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just called the verizon store, and the guy told me that about 10 minutes on 3G surfing with the brightness down will drain my battery by 5%. So 8% doesn't seem that bad, or was the guy BSing me? I just got the phone 3 days ago, do phones usually start off bad?

5. remedemic

remedemic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are they going to charge me the 35$ restocking fee if the battery is a fault? or does this not count as faulty?

6. remedemic

remedemic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just called technical support and they said if i suspected something wrong with the battery life, they would replace my phone for free. My question now is, how can I absolutely make sure that I have a faulty battery, or at least find out if i might? Are there any simple tests I can run and report back to you guys, anything i can check that might be draining my life? I would really appreciate any help right now, thanks.

Search tags for this page

my droid reports it has the wrong battery