I don't seem to be getting the full potential of the battery. What else can I do?

remedemic

Reaction score
So far i've:
-Set smart actions to turn off mobile data off when display is off
-Set the brightness to 20ish at all times
-Set to 3G only, never 4G
-Turned off animations
-Set facebook + news feed apps to refresh never/very rarely (havent done anything to gmail, not sure how)
-GPS+Bluetooth off at all times
-Auto-sync is off (not sure if it helps or not)
-Not too many widgets, no live wallpapers, etc

Yet my phone still dies quite fast. About 1 minute of surfing the web/facebook probably knocks off 1% of the battery when i'm connected to 3G. Is that normal? If not, Is there something that I'm forgetting? Here are my battery usage statistics, if it matters:

display: 40%
voice calls: 12%
android OS: 12%
cell standby: 5%
phone idle: 5%
browser: 5%
droidforums: 5%
facebook: 4%
wifi: 3%
android system: 2%

if you need any other info that may help you answer my question of what else can i do to help the battery last longer, let me know.

I'd appreciate all help.

morbidking

Reaction score
Here is mine smart app just kicked in this is with all the gps and swarm bit torrent running downloading for the last hour

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@morb I am not saying you are lying but wow! I hope I get to that point but it is not looking good so far

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
Here is mine smart app just kicked in this is with all the gps and swarm bit torrent running downloading for the last hour

What exactly did you do to get that battery life that I haven't listed above? What is "smart app"?

morbidking

Reaction score
my bad smart actions driving smoking and posting knew I would type something wrong Didn’t do too much to my phone you should be getting better battery life then me my smart action is set at 50% to turn off gps wifi backround sync Bluetooththe biggest thing that helped me was as soon as I get to work I turn my 4g off I work in no 4g anyway when I first got my phone it would only last about 4 or 5 hours with 4g on with it off i leave work with no less than 60% left 10 to 12 hour shift light use 2 or 3 calls 10 min each about 30 text about 30 min facebook checked e-mail a few times and downloaded on swarm for an hourmy gps is usually turned off but today had it turned on for a new app I downloaded got home with less than 50% left

Deron

Reaction score
To the OP: from the looks of yours battery use percentages, it looks pretty normal. The display has always been the biggest battery drain to me.

You can check out my battery experiments post to see how many percentage points each activity drained for my phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1855842