Comparing the Battery Life of Droid Razr vs. Droid X

Mark_79

Reaction score
Maybe this will help people visualize the data Deron has provided.

On this first chart, a lower bar is better.

448dda86.jpg

On this second chart, a higher bar is better.

655ef09c.jpg

I'd be more than happy to add phones to these charts if more data becomes available. Big thanks to Deron for taking the initiative to create the original data for these charts.

OP
Deron

Deron

Reaction score
Wow, Mark! Thank you very much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Deron

Deron

Reaction score
+1 for the guy looking to upgrade

MJ880

Reaction score
It's a joke that the phone companies can even advertise 4G - I have the Droid Razr - I had the Droid X and Droid. The Razr is by far the worst on battery life. I like the phone a lot but battery is pathetic.

tclarktc

Reaction score
Deron, just wanted to say thanks for doing these tests. I'm new to Droid as I was a. BlackBerry user since they came out. I had solid battery life to begin with but it seemed to get less and less with each new blackberry I got. So when I switched over to the Razr I was kinda disappointed because I thought such a badass phone would have killer everything. It started off OK then dipped into bad, then back to OK. This confused the hell out of me. And it always seemed to take forever to charge. Like I used to be able to from well below 50% to full in like 45 minutes. So I got frusturated and bought the external battery pack and started keeping my Razr plugged into my computer since I always had it with me. Same results, always took forever to charge and the battery life was still just OK at best. The. I found tthese forums earlier tonight (pulling an allnighter for finals) and made numerous changes that I found explained in her. Ironically my battery life shot down to the ground. Now, in addition to the SIM card error I had been getting, even dropping off 3G into oblivion of 1Xs I had even worse battery life. When I went to get my stuff ready to come to the library I noticed my phone had charged up more than usual. Happy, j walked to the library just absolutely torching the battery to kinda experiment a bit. Lo and behold about half way there it dropped off 3G, I haven't had 4G since Verizon had a meltdown and 3G just wouldn't come back. I looked around a bit and found that somehow all my data had gotten turned off. Just totally randomly, I don't have any automating applications and unless me cursing at it turned it off I'm at a loss for how it happeened. I got to the library and the land of wifi and immediately hooked into wifi, spent a fair amount of time browsing the net and them went grab a coffee and there was 3G again. I messed around for a bit and my battery sunk a bit. When I came back to the library I threw it on the charger and the bar was literally shooting up in comparison to before. This wasn't the first anomoly my phone had tonight either. For about a gold hour when I was on 3G the connection indicating transfer would not light up or turn blue but when I went to do anything it was super super fast. Have you heard of a Razr or anything acting in such a "bipolar" fashion? Sorry for the long story but it's confusing the hell outta me..

OP
Deron

Deron

Reaction score
I was experiencing a lot of data drops and no connection yesterday. I went to some other forums and people all over the country were experiencing the same things. Apparently there was some sort of network failure with Verizon wireless yesterday. So, I would not judge your phone's performance based on what has happened the last few days. Give it some time. Also, I have read on other forums that Motorola will be coming out with an update to the operating system which should address some of the battery life issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
well done Deron, appreciate the time and effort you put into these experiments.