Is there anyone else happy with. 904 ?

Maddog241

Reaction score
I can't remember wiping the cache partition, saw it was markedly different.

After wiping the partition, I saw a big difference in my Bionic on 902. If anyone is interested I would be happy to post the directions.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
This is concerning me now, has the soak test begun? I got an email to take the survey and filled it out but never got the email back.. I thought it started today, but now I'm confused.

Tonik

Reaction score
This is concerning me now, has the soak test begun? I got an email to take the survey and filled it out but never got the email back.. I thought it started today, but now I'm confused.

I would say no, the boards usually light up when it starts. You will get another email inviting you to the 'private' forum on moto for the test and telling you when it will happen. In the past they start on Thursday, so it could still be today but who knows.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I remember that from .902 but I remember it came the next day or something, and I was worried that I put in the wrong hex ID or some other error where I wouldn't get it. What sucks is the school wifi is restricted and makes it always stay at "checking for update", and the school has terrible reception so it immediately says "No check for update available at this time" on both 3G and 4G. Every email I get is just a sad disappointment at this point.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the "official one" is any different at all, then it won't be .904

By definition, 5.9.904 as a build number is only applicable to that one compile. If it is recompiled for ANY reason, it gets a new build number assigned.

OK, I just thought it that the leaked version wouldn't be exactly the same as the OTA version.

This screen shot shows says "Push OTA or EUT" for 5/3 so that implies that it's done and ready to send out. It also says that it would be "Available for Pull 11:59PM EST" on 5/6.

View attachment 49739

This may be too old to be accurate though, and maybe the soak test is delayed.

In the past they start on Thursday, so it could still be today but who knows.

I was part of the .902 update and it came out on Tuesday. I still have the email asking to have the first impressions survey in by February 9th, which was a Thursday. As you said, this time it's anybody's guess.

Last edited:

Maddog241

Reaction score
I was just thinking delay also. Verizon hasn't updated the support site docs yet to reflect that software update "coming soon". Typically that happens a day or 2 before the update is pushed. The leaked screen shot seemed to be correct for other phones, but nothing has happened so far that would indicate it is imminent.

My wife got the soak invite days ago, but nothing since and nothing has leaked out about the soak. That seems odd as well.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Did anyone else have a 4g outrage this morning? I has I've for about an hour or two.

The only reason I bring this up is there seems to be a correlation between some 4g device updates and data outages.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Maddog241

Reaction score
I would appreciate it

I apologize that I missed your request. This is a simple procedure that has no risk if done correctly and made a noticeable difference in battery life after I flashed the 902 update.

1. Start with phone powered off.

2. Boot into menu by holding down both volume+ and volume- and pressing power at the same time.

3. use volume down to highlight "recovery" and press volume+ to select.

4. When you see the triangle with the exclamation point and the little android press both volume+ and volume- again.

5. press volume- to highlight wipe cache partition

6. press power to select

7. "reboot system now" should be highlighted now. Press power to select.

That's all there is to it. It doesn't take very long, and worked for me. I hope it will help some of you.

While this is a simple and very low risk procedure, do this at your own risk. If something goes wrong, I won't be responsible.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I've been running 904 since it leaked and I have actually had more data drops than with 902. Another issue ive experienced is false data reporting where the phone says I have data, nothing works and then data shuts off and then reconnects.

I havent noticed any performance or battery changes with 904.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running 904 since it leaked and I have actually had more data drops than with 902. Another issue ive experienced is false data reporting where the phone says I have data, nothing works and then data shuts off and then reconnects.

I havent noticed any performance or battery changes with 904.

I don't know if this'll work, but it's to reacquaint your sim card with 4G.

1) Power off and remove both the battery and sim card

2) Replace battery only

3) Power up

4) After it's powered up (you'll see a "No Sim Card" warning), power down again

5) Remove battery and then replace both the sim card and battery

6) Power up

WARNING: Be sure to put the sim card in correctly or it could fry the card. This happened to me and I had to get a replacement (free) from Verizon.

Last edited:

geekabilly

Reaction score
904 has been so solid for me that I have not flashed an alternate ROM over it since it arrived -- I'm sure I'll be checking out the 904-base Eclipse soon, and the latest AOKP builds from droidhive: once a crackflasher, alwayd a crackflasher

Maddog241

Reaction score
I don't know if this'll work, but it's to reacquaint your sim card with 4G.

1) Power off and remove both the battery and sim card

2) Replace battery only

3) Power up

4) After it's powered up (you'll see a "No Sim Card" warning), power down again

5) Remove battery and then replace both the sim card and battery

6) Power up

WARNING: Be sure to put the sim card in correctly or it could fry the card. This happened to me and I had to get a replacement (free) from Verizon.

This is also a great idea to do anytime following an upgrade. It forces the phone to re-register on the network.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
CurGeorge8 said:
Did anyone else have a 4g outrage this morning? I has I've for about an hour or two.

The only reason I bring this up is there seems to be a correlation between some 4g device updates and data outages.

Yea, here in San Diego 4g has been going out since last night. Just now had to do a battery pull to get it working again.
On the 'SOAK' I got my first invite a few days ago, but nothing yet?

Maddog241

Reaction score
Yea, here in San Diego 4g has been going out since last night. Just now had to do a battery pull to get it working again.
On the 'SOAK' I got my first invite a few days ago, but nothing yet?

I noticed some data issues last night also (Pittsburgh, Pa)