.905 Battery Sux

posd

Reaction score
Once i installed. 904 update, my battery life went to crap. I reverted to. 902 and then to. 905 and it is still crap. I am on the ext. Battery.... anyone having same issue?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still on .902, but I have a couple of questions.

1) What was the battery performance on .902, .904 and .905 in terms of hours.
2) Are you rooted or on any ROM?

OP
posd

posd

Reaction score
On/off throughout the day I email, facebook, surf web and watch movies. About 8 - 10 hours use.

On 902, i would get a full day, 10 hours, with the above use. 904, lucky to get 5 hours, heavy or light use. 905, a little.better then 904, not neatly as good as 902.

On ext battery. No roms. Stock.

Maddog241

Reaction score
Once i installed. 904 update, my battery life went to crap. I reverted to. 902 and then to. 905 and it is still crap. I am on the ext. Battery.... anyone having same issue?

Did you try wiping the cache partition? This has been reported to help with battery life following updates, and it looks like you have done a couple of those. I can verify that this did help me. I posted instructions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...here-anyone-else-happy-904-a-post2100463.html

My standard battery life has improved with 905 over 902.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Maddog241 said:
Did you try wiping the cache partition? This has been reported to help with battery life following updates, and it looks like you have done a couple of those. I can verify that this did help me. I posted instructions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/207441-there-anyone-else-happy-904-a-post2100463.html

My standard battery life has improved with 905 over 902.

So is this the info you put up starting with tapping volume + & - at the same time? Does it reset the phone to where you'll have to put all your apps, etc on again?

Maddog241

Reaction score
So is this the info you put up starting with tapping volume + & - at the same time? Does it reset the phone to where you'll have to put all your apps, etc on again?

Yes, my post is part way down on the linked page. This procedure if followed does not affect the phone data or apps. It is NOT like a factory reset.

OP
posd

posd

Reaction score
I unplugged my phone at 545am (100% charge). It is now 830am and i am down to 90%, no use.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Maddog241 said:
Yes, my post is part way down on the linked page. This procedure if followed does not affect the phone data or apps. It is NOT like a factory reset.

Ok, thanks. Gonna give it a try I think

CBMGGM

Reaction score
When was the last time you recalibrated your battery? I would also start checking the signal strength on your phone; it's possible that the towers in your area are being tweaked or having firmware issues. The signal strength can vary from -65db (just below a tower) to -102db or more. Lower number equals stronger signal. If your phone is in the high 90's and above your phome is constantly searching for a tower. Also check any apps that might be sucking juice as well. You would be surprised what those little buggers can do to lessen battery life. Just some ideas........

OP
posd

posd

Reaction score
How do u cal. the battery? Right now signal in @ 95...i will keep an eye on it. Under battery, says 24% for OS & Display. All else in teens and single digits.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
There are two apps I recommend. Android System Info by ELECTRICSHEEP and Battery Calibration by Nema. Both are free and work well. Android Sys Info will give you more detailed stats on system usage such an CPU usage (toggle over to the Task button) You will be surprised what apps are constantly using your Bionic CPU to run. You can make the decision to freeze some of these apps you feel not neccessary to run 24/7. Battery Calibration is easy to install and run; there are simple instructions within the app to calibrate your battery.

OP
posd

posd

Reaction score
I see the Battery Cal requires Root, I am not rooted. The ASI is cool with lots of info, but can't find how to calibrate. Thanks for your help.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see the Battery Cal requires Root, I am not rooted. The ASI is cool with lots of info, but can't find how to calibrate. Thanks for your help.

According to member Foxkat, here's how to calibrate an un-rooted phone:
1) Charge to 100% with the phone off.
2) Run the phone down until it says to charge (15%)
3) Charge to 100% with the phone off.

He also recommends the Bada$$ Battery Monitor (substitute 'ss' for '$$'). It sits on the Notifications Bar and when you pull the bar down, it gives information. Pressing on the app gives even more information. The app is not ad-supported, and ad-supported apps have been known to use a bit more power as it's using the internet to get those apps. Android System Info may not as you won't use it long, but Angry Birds is a big culprit.

pabtheghost

Reaction score
if you get Go Launcher EX, you can get their Go power manager, which is supposed to be pretty amazing

Sadahiro

Reaction score
I always just calibrate my battery. Just go into recovery and then delete the battery stats then it should be fine. Delete the stats when your battery is at 100% so that your phone can recalibrate