Is there a way to install 2.2 from a rooted 2.1 without ADB?

DroidXer

Reaction score
Just curious is there is some more simple one click rooting process like for 2.1 where I can just click etc. I'm trying to explain to someone how to root with very limited knowledge of computers, and it would be much easier if I could just email them the file and tell them to double click etc.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Ok, so being rooted, just download ROM manager from the market and choose 2.2? Maybe that will fix my text messaging issues.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
What's the difference between regular and premium?

BACAbone

Reaction score
What's the difference between regular and premium?

for the x so far there is no difference but if it becomes like the D1 then there will be a lot more themes etc in the premium section

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
I actually bought the premium. It said I needed to do so to be able to download roms. Seems pretty simple. I always did it manually but now I can direct a friend on how to do it the "easy" way.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be working...it was supposed to boot into recovery and it just rebooted the phone instead.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
When using Rom Manager on the Droid X, you must be rooted (ofcourse) and MUST use bootstrap FIRST, then go in to Rom Manager and Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery, then go in to Download Roms, choose Stock, then choose the Rom, then when it reboots, it should boot in to recovery and update on auto.
But you NEED bootstrap to "hijack" the bootup