Re-Rooting after OTA 2.2 Froyo

fizik

Reaction score
Prior to the OTA 2.2 update, I was rooted on 2.1 and did the update than lost my root.

For the people that rooted after installing 2.2, did you have to remove the root files i.e: Superuser and busybox?

Or did you just re-do the whole root process without touching them from 2.2?

I ask this because I thought starting fresh in 2.2 wouldn't hurt so I tried to unroot to remove the Superuser app in the app drawer and then rooting again to prevent problems, but I'm having problems with adb not being able to find my root directory even though I rooted my 2.1 flawlessly the first time.

rcjames

Reaction score
I would like to know. My easyroot thinks i'm rooted which i'm not. Few programs tells me i don't have the right. I have the official 2.2 on my droid x.

OP
fizik

fizik

Reaction score
I just bit my lip and went with the Droid 2 root process and it looked like it worked.

When I updated to 2.2 I lost root cause I couldn't use my Root Explorer anymore, after I did the Droid 2 root process I can use Root Explorer again, but the odd thing is I don't have my Superuser app in the App drawer any more.

rcjames

Reaction score
I just bit my lip and went with the Droid 2 root process and it looked like it worked.

When I updated to 2.2 I lost root cause I couldn't use my Root Explorer anymore, after I did the Droid 2 root process I can use Root Explorer again, but the odd thing is I don't have my Superuser app in the App drawer any more.

Can you tell me the link of where i can get more information theres many way to root droid 2.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
heres another one..

Droid X

WOW....lol, after about an hour of headache trying to figure out why rooting wasnt working for me I see this link and it was as simple as 1-2-3..........SMH @ myself for not finding this sooner.....lol

Thanks! (again)

I couldnt get that one to work for anything.

heres what i used to root 2.2

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

CAPcadetJC

Reaction score
Hey thanks that worked great. Anyone else having trouble with the desktop method try that one.

WOW....lol, after about an hour of headache trying to figure out why rooting wasnt working for me I see this link and it was as simple as 1-2-3..........SMH @ myself for not finding this sooner.....lol

Thanks! (again)

I couldnt get that one to work for anything.

heres what i used to root 2.2

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

rcjames

Reaction score
Hey thanks that worked great. Anyone else having trouble with the desktop method try that one.

I actually tried the one that you extract the compressed folder that is android-sdk-windows extracted the DoRootForWindows that has the files in it and placed it on the tools folder of android sdk. I set my phone to window media sync. I executed the SDK Manager and updated. I tried so much but couldn't root my phone. So since i'm on window 7 i did a right click on adb selected so it run on window xp mode and in administrator. Then since everything was hooked up my phone was setup on debuging, window media syc because it wont work on pc mode (root bat execute programs and it search for device it failed) so i had to set it on media sync. And it worked. Guys you don't need to install the drivers if you always downloaded the drivers when u connected the phone to pc for the first time. Anyways I got it rooted that way. This is on droid x 2.2 OTA release.

Crap hell with editing but to get it to work by having the phone set to media syc pc mode wont detect my phone. But what I type is how i got it to work.