Is the HTC Thunderbolt that bad??

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Ruins the phone experience?
Can you call, can you text, internet browsing, play music, inspect and edit spreadsheets, make measurements, find locations, FB, G+ all that stuff is ruined because the BATTERY does not last 12 hrs??
Lmao. ok.

Better come up with a better argument then that would classify the TBOLT being "THAT BAD" according the OP.

Well you can't call, text, browse, play music, edit spreadsheets, make measurements, find locations, FB, and G+ if your out of battery.

So i'd day it'd ruin the experience for many, including me.

LOL! Do you even pay attn what you write?
So every phone user's exp is ruined once their battery runs out??
Geez people, think before you post.
And i am not trying to insult anyone but cmon.

If your phone was one of the 10K of the 250k that was shipped on the first week and was having issues as the ones mentioned in my post earlier, THEN you have a reason to say.... it was ruined. That makes sense.
But if your phone was working and your complaint was the battery being the reason why your phone exp was RUINED?
Then you dont need a smartphone. Simple.

Ok? "So every phone user's exp is ruined once their battery runs out??" * facepalm* Technically yes since you can't use it until it charges.....I never said everyones. I am sure tons of people can agree that what good is a phone if I can't make it through 6+ hours of heavy usage on average?

Yes. I returned mine because theres not point of having a phone if after a half a day its useless. So basically the battery life ruined the entire experience for me.

You can have a 3D, 7G, Quad Core phone, but whats the point if you have to carry around extra batteries?
(I had to keep 3 including the one in the phone)

And honestly, I just read your post multiple times and what you said makes absolutely no sense.

So lemme get this straight.
You think I don't need a smartphone because I want my phone to have decent battery life? Am I the only one reading this?

Can you realize that not everyone has the exact same experience and opinions of the phone as you?

Last edited:

blackmagick20

Reaction score
I agree with you. I went through 3 Tbolts since they released that overpriced paperweight. I finally got sick of carrying extra batteries or having a dead phone, sold it, and bought the Droid 3. As awful as LTE is, I don't miss it one bit. It doesn't help me get any calls or texts faster. I'm also usually on wifi when I'm not working. Speaking of work, my Tbolt made me even angrier when I tried to use it for work purposes. I rarely ever got a GPS lock and the screen is absolutely useless outside, which was a HUGE issue with me. I also couldn't stand the mushy unlock button or the notification led that wasn't noticeable unless you were in a black hole. It's nice having a phone that can be heavily used and I get almost 30 hours out of the battery...not 4 and you're running for a charger or swapping batteries

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
I agree with you. I went through 3 Tbolts since they released that overpriced paperweight. I finally got sick of carrying extra batteries or having a dead phone, sold it, and bought the Droid 3. As awful as LTE is, I don't miss it one bit. It doesn't help me get any calls or texts faster. I'm also usually on wifi when I'm not working. Speaking of work, my Tbolt made me even angrier when I tried to use it for work purposes. I rarely ever got a GPS lock and the screen is absolutely useless outside, which was a HUGE issue with me. I also couldn't stand the mushy unlock button or the notification led that wasn't noticeable unless you were in a black hole. It's nice having a phone that can be heavily used and I get almost 30 hours out of the battery...not 4 and you're running for a charger or swapping batteries

Heavily used and getting 30 hours..... Are u high Lmao I don't care what smartphone u have ur not using it heavy and getting that kind of time so get out of hear with that....the Tbolt and d3 have about the same standby time and the gps and everything has been fixed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Heavily used and getting 30 hours..... Are u high Lmao I don't care what smartphone u have ur not using it heavy and getting that kind of time so get out of hear with that....the Tbolt and d3 have about the same standby time and the gps and everything has been fixed.

I hope you realize that standby time on (I am assuming) verizons site means nothing?

In real time heavy use the TB was awful in terms of battery life. Id be lucky to get 6 hours, even with an extended battery.

The D3 has been surprisingly good so far. I get through the day fine using it just as much.

blackmagick20

Reaction score
I have the extended battery for the D3, which I think is around 1900, which is bigger than what comes stock in the Tbolt. I'm also not getting out of 'hear' with that...because that is a function of the ears...I believe you wanted. The word 'hear.' I'm also glad you apparently know the time my D3 is up and running

armeddroid

Reaction score
Well you can't call, text, browse, play music, edit spreadsheets, make measurements, find locations, FB, and G+ if your out of battery.

So i'd day it'd ruin the experience for many, including me.

If your phone was one of the 10K of the 250k that was shipped on the first week and was having issues as the ones mentioned in my post earlier, THEN you have a reason to say.... it was ruined. That makes sense.
But if your phone was working and your complaint was the battery being the reason why your phone exp was RUINED?

Ok? "So every phone user's exp is ruined once their battery runs out??" * facepalm* Technically yes since you can't use it until it charges.....I never said everyones. I am sure tons of people can agree that what good is a phone if I can't make it through 6+ hours of heavy usage on average?

Yes. I returned mine because theres not point of having a phone if after a half a day its useless. So basically the battery life ruined the entire experience for me.

You can have a 3D, 7G, Quad Core phone, but whats the point if you have to carry around extra batteries?

Can you realize that not everyone has the exact same experience and opinions of the phone as you?

Of course i realize not everyone has the same exp, I was one with a broken phone who got it fixed. So i come from both ends on the issue.

As for the battery drain; technically YES? Lol..you mean Technically NO. Cause batteries drain and die; thats what batteries do.
Ok so when everyone's battery dies on ANY phone, everyone should be upset cause now they cant use their phone.

It dont matter if 2hrs to 24hrs.
Your statement is stating that the phone exp is ruined cause your battery dies.
:icon_ nono2:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Of course i realize not everyone has the same exp, I was one with a broken phone who got it fixed. So i come from both ends on the issue.

As for the battery drain; technically YES? Lol..you mean Technically NO. Cause batteries drain and die; thats what batteries do.
Ok so when everyone's battery dies on ANY phone, everyone should be upset cause now they cant use their phone.

It dont matter if 2hrs to 24hrs.
Your statement is stating that the phone exp is ruined cause your battery dies.
:icon_ nono2:

No, it ruined it for me because it died so quickly. Why would I want a phone that has a LTE radio that can't handle it because I can't make it from 7AM to 1PM?

It probably has the worst battery life out of any phone I have used.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the people that have battery life that is that bad. I don't think my battery life is that great but it easily gets me 10-12 hours, not 6. If I couldn't last 6 hours I'd be complaining too.

That said, I think most users don't have such terrible drain. My wife's bolt is completely stock and her battery life isn't anywhere near that poor.

kparks

Reaction score
I have the extended battery for the D3, which I think is around 1900, which is bigger than what comes stock in the Tbolt. I'm also not getting out of 'hear' with that...because that is a function of the ears...I believe you wanted. The word 'hear.' I'm also glad you apparently know the time my D3 is up and running

Well maybe you should state that you comparing a extended d3 battery to a stock tb battery and I have tons of experience with both phone and I don't know what u call heavy usage but your not getting no 30 hours maybe light usage... Thanks for the spelling correction I hope u feel a little smarter now.. wait u spelled it wrong also lol.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Well maybe you should state that you comparing a extended d3 battery to a stock tb battery and I have tons of experience with both phone and I don't know what u call heavy usage but your not getting no 30 hours maybe light usage... Thanks for the spelling correction I hope u feel a little smarter now.. wait u spelled it wrong also lol.

Wow. I didn't realize you know exactly how much battery life he has.
So you can see his phone?

But on my STOCK D3 I get about 15-20 hours on medium to heavy usage.
On my stock TB, my battery drained sometimes within 5. Especially when there was a low 4G signal. I'd lose like 10% in 20 minutes.
Sometimes when I had it outside, it'd overheat and go on these drainage streaks when it go from 100 to 80 after turning it on a bringing it outside for a few minutes.

If thats how bad all TB's are, I don't see how you can use the phone on a daily basis.

kparks

Reaction score

On my stock TB, my battery drained sometimes within 5. Especially when there was a low 4G signal. I'd lose like 10% in 20 minutes.
Sometimes when I had it outside, it'd overheat and go on these drainage streaks when it go from 100 to 80 after turning it on a bringing it outside for a few minutes.

If thats how bad all TB's are, I don't see how you can use the phone on a daily basis.

No common sense tells me he can't get 30 hours of heavy use out of a d3 stock battery. maybe light medium with a extended... And why would I listen to anything u say? U come in every tb thread and bash it everytime there is one your in it talking it down.. so why don't u and ur dx..and d3 buddy's go into ur dx and d3 threads because there have been updates that have improved every aspect of this phone battery last longer gps locks in seconds and I've only had 2 reboots or so sence I've owned the phone for months now and got to HEAR all u people who owned the phone for a week at launch talk about it when u have not owned it in months and have no idea how the phone performs NOW.. so give it up yea I was bashing the dx at launch with all the freezing and rebooting problems it had but MOTO ironed it out and guess what now I can accept that its a pretty good phone.... maybe u all should do the same..

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

No common sense tells me he can't get 30 hours of heavy use out of a d3 stock battery. maybe light medium with a extended... And why would I listen to anything u say? U come in every tb thread and bash it everytime there is one your in it talking it down.. so why don't u and ur dx..and d3 buddy's go into ur dx and d3 threads because there have been updates that have improved every aspect of this phone battery last longer gps locks in seconds and I've only had 2 reboots or so sence I've owned the phone for months now and got to HEAR all u people who owned the phone for a week at launch talk about it when u have not owned it in months and have no idea how the phone performs NOW.. so give it up yea I was bashing the dx at launch with all the freezing and rebooting problems it had but MOTO ironed it out and guess what now I can accept that its a pretty good phone.... maybe u all should do the same..

I have owned a TB and just came to warn people that the battery life is sub par...

Nothing else is wrong with the phone besides the rebooting unless that was fixed.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If thats how bad all TB's are

It's not. I was trying to say in my earlier post that you were in an unfortunate minority. If my battery life was as bad as you describe I'd have ditched my bolt as well.

condray

Reaction score
Wow... Seriously the TB is nothing to complain about. I bought the extended battery when I got the phone and it will last two days with medium usage in 4g the whole time.

A make few actual calls but I am constantly texting and playing games, checking Facebook and on the quite often.

I did have to wait for the extended battery to be delivered and when I had the stock battery it wouldn't last a day with 4G turned off.