Is the HTC Thunderbolt that bad??

FordStang

Reaction score
I know these posts are probably killed to death, but is the HTC Thunderbolt really that terrible? I am not asking should I get the Bionic or Thunderbolt because I would probably get the Bionic if they were both for sale NOW. I am just asking is the HTC Thunderbolt a good phone. I have an iPhone 4 now, but I really would like to get a Droid that has a big screen. Am I dumb for wanting that?

All I do on a phone is:

Text, web browse, phone calls, Facebook, YouTube, and other general apps.

I think the Netflix watching on a dual core is cool, but I don't see myself watching a movie on my phone for that long of a period.

The only thing that really has me thinking is the hdmi output that other phones can do. Is that really a great feature?

I like how the Thunderbolt looks. But battery life scares me, but since I'm not a big time user (at least I don't think I am since I don't really play alotta games or stream slot of things). I just want a reliable phone with a big screen and google navigation.

VolDroid

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself here but here goes:

I haven't had any problems with my TB. The battery last me most of the day...actually all day unless I were to stream a video or play a game for an extended period of time. I haven't suffered from a large amount of reboots either. Only time I get a reboot is when at home and that seems to stem from a weak 4g signal at my house. I can't see really using the HDMI output on my phone. Usually if I'm watching something I recorded on my phone it's on the computer. The screen is great and the phone seems really quick with everything. I have mine rooted but only to rid it of all the bloatware that Verizon so graciously pre-installed on it. I haven't had to over clock it do anything special to it other than load the radios that have been leaked. That's just my experience though.

timlitw

Reaction score
Same here. Only 2 reboots in the ~ 2 months that I've owned it. Everything I've done with it has just worked - but I really don't like sense. If I had to choose - I definitely find a phone with out it. I'm thinking of rooting and putting a desensed rom on it. All the other 'droids I've used "without sense" where more ergonomical. Sense hides a lot of the power of android - but it is pretty.

naknak95

Reaction score
I had the Thunderbolt a few days before it was publically released, and I have to say that I haven't had any problems with mine, except for the stock battery life. Just buy either the 2750 mAh or the Seidio Extended Battery and you should be good to go. NOTE: If you are looking to root, you probably have a better chance with the Droid Charge. HTC has really cracked down on their Nand-Lock.

_33

Reaction score
If you plan on rooting it, the phone is amazing. Running CM7 now and battery life is great, as are the quadrant scores. I use DLNA to stream stuff to my TV. I really have no complaints.

294-albums737-picture3414.png

294-albums737-picture3482.gif

rbw62

Reaction score
No it is not, it is a great phone. Wife has a charge, brother_in_law the iphone4. I would not trade my TB for any of those. No problems with mine at all. Very fast. I live in a 4G area with 3 to 4 bars.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

helix139

Reaction score
It's a decent phone stock, but I rooted mine the other day and loaded BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4 and WOW. I'm very happy with the phone now. Battery life is noticeably improved over stock even with the phone overclocked to 1.4ghz and performance is plenty snappy for what I do. I can easily make it all day without charging as long as I don't enter a no signal area for an extended period of time (like my office cafeteria).

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I know these posts are probably killed to death, but is the HTC Thunderbolt really that terrible? I am not asking should I get the Bionic or Thunderbolt because I would probably get the Bionic if they were both for sale NOW. I am just asking is the HTC Thunderbolt a good phone. I have an iPhone 4 now, but I really would like to get a Droid that has a big screen. Am I dumb for wanting that?

All I do on a phone is:

I think the Netflix watching on a dual core is cool, but I don't see myself watching a movie on my phone for that long of a period.

The only thing that really has me thinking is the hdmi output that other phones can do. Is that really a great feature?

I like how the Thunderbolt looks. But battery life scares me, but since I'm not a big time user (at least I don't think I am since I don't really play alotta games or stream slot of things). I just want a reliable phone with a big screen and google navigation.

The battery is definitely THAT BAD.

Notice this is like the only phone on here that has a subforum dedicated to battery issues. That should tell you something right there. You get so many battery threads that they had to be filtered from the rest of the TB threads.

alboboy10

Reaction score
How do u guys use dlna I don't even have it on my apps list

kparks

Reaction score

All I do on a phone is:

Great phone and the tb has netflix... get it and if the battery don't work for you get the extended one

hbark

Reaction score

All I do on a phone is:

My usage is similar to yours and I like the TB fine. Battery usually lasts all day. I bought a couple cheap spare batteries on eBay that I take with me if needed. All stock, no reboot problems.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
We have two of them and our experience has been all positive. Both are stock and we haven't had a single random reboot on either one. Keep in mind I'm not a heavy phone user, but the least I ever seem to get on a fully charged battery is 12 hours. I usually get between 16-24.

mitchb2

Reaction score
The TB is amateurish and unpolished. A guy at work couldn't take it anymore, he ditched it for an iPhone...that thing is so smooth and so well thought out.

Droid592

Reaction score
The TB is amateurish and unpolished. A guy at work couldn't take it anymore, he ditched it for an iPhone...that thing is so smooth and so well thought out.

IPhone yuck! Sorry just hate iPhones really don't see anything good about them, thunderbolt is a awesome device stock root the phone and its the best I wouldn't trade it for any other phone. I have zero issues :)

Sent From My Rooted HTC Thunderbolt