HTC Thunderbolt Rezound Battery Question

TsuyoiNinja

Reaction score
Hey sorry for bringing up old discussions.

I just recently upgraded to an HTC Thunderbolt (since this was the only free phone that looked good) but i am very happy with my decision. I am really loving this phone. Before I got the phone, i read reviews about how the battery life on this phone sucked and i do agree so I purchased the Rezound battery. I heard it improved the usage time of the phone but there is one concern that i have. Sorry if this may be a dumb question but i really don't want to mess up my phone. Can I charge my rezound battery when it's inside my HTC Thunderbolt or would it best to get a separate wall charger for the phone? I also bought this charger for the rezound battery in case

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Deskt...ncredible/dp/B0054U58OY/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_img_b

I read that it is compatible with rezound battery but i guess i want a good confirmation with you guys to hear that I am able to charge the rezound battery while it's connected to my phone.

Thanks everyone who is able to help.

iRenegade

Reaction score
You can charge the rezound battery in the phone, and I just use my regular charger if it's out. Check with Verizon to see if the battery is still at half price. Don't log in to Verizon wireless with your acct. to see the price.
I got about 11 hours today mixed wifi/4G light-medium use before it got down to 20%.

OP
T

TsuyoiNinja

Reaction score
Ah thanks guys, Yeah i just tried it out today but for some reason I feel like the rezound battery is dying faster than my stock battery. Has this happened to anyone and does it get better as the phone becomes more adapted to it? (i've already calibrated it but will continue to do so after a few more times). Also do any of you guys switch to your Thunderbolt stock battery whenever your rezound battery is out? I want to be able to do this but not sure if i will mess up with my phone since i'm constantly switching out different batteries.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I use the Rezound battery and get about 10 hours. I often throw the stock battery back in when the Rezound one dies. Maybe 2-3 times a week, I've been doing this for about 3-4 months with no adverse effects.

iRenegade

Reaction score
@Ninja, same experience as jrparsons. Did you get your battery from Verizon? Loss of counterfeits out there. I remember reading about shorter battery lives. Try a Search of earlier threads, perhaps a solution was posted.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I use the Rezound battery, it helps but not as much as I would like. It's enough to get by though- I'm on ICS and it seems a bit better on battery life, but then I dont have working mobile data...

geoff5093

Reaction score
I use the Rezound battery and get about 10 hours. I often throw the stock battery back in when the Rezound one dies. Maybe 2-3 times a week, I've been doing this for about 3-4 months with no adverse effects.
It would seem that taking the back cover off 2-3 times a week would cause it to loosen significantly to the point where it doesn't stay as tight and secure as it used to, have you noticed that?

JRParsons

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
It would seem that taking the back cover off 2-3 times a week would cause it to loosen significantly to the point where it doesn't stay as tight and secure as it used to, have you noticed that?

It's now my back up phone, but I did that from the time it was discovered the Rezound battery would work until I got my Samsung Galaxy S3 on release day (5-6 months?), with no problems.

My extended battery door always felt a little loose, but I think it was the design because I had 2 extended batteries and 2 extended back covers, they both felt loose. The stock cover always felt solid.

I still use my thunderbolt for a wifi device (removed sim) and it still feels solid. Both the phone and the stock back cover are as old as possible. I bought the Thunderbolt on the Thursday night it was released. (got my wife one on the same night, hence all the additional batteries)