Is the Bionic Worth it?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
if u bought any phone whether its the bionic or not and since day one it had connection issues and u didn't return it you really should wear a helmet

saying that.... I've never had an issue with the bionic like others have reported. I think it's a fantastic phone with great battery life compared to the competition especially with the extended... I have no interest in exchanging the bionic for any other phone on the market.... the future quad core next year does look promising ;)

side note- doesn't the bionic have the exact same 4g antenna as the razr... also with the upgrades I haven't seen any radio complaints other then the people living in the past

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you know this, but if you have wifi enabled you wil get data drop outs. If wifi is enabled and not connected that is.

Is that just the Bionic, or is it for all LTE phones? I have no problem with my Droid if I keep wifi enabled, although I don't have it set that way all the time.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Is that just the Bionic, or is it for all LTE phones? I have no problem with my Droid if I keep wifi enabled, although I don't have it set that way all the time.

I am not 100% sure about all phones. But if you enable wifi and have a connection, it will shut 4G off. If you have wifi enabled and no signal, it doesn't look for 4G. Now I am not sure if this is how it's intended to work but this is how it works for me.

lbeberdick

Reaction score
There is an app that turns on wifi automaticly and the 4G radio off when you enter a wifi zone you have designated as safe. Also will auto log the phone into the wifi network. When you leave a recognized wifi area it then turns wifi off and wireless back on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an app that turns on wifi automaticly and the 4G radio off when you enter a wifi zone you have designated as safe. Also will auto log the phone into the wifi network. When you leave a recognized wifi area it then turns wifi off and wireless back on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sounds good which app is that?

I use data enabler widget to shut down data manually when on wifi or when I don't need any data to further extend battery life

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If I am on 4G and turn on wifi, it turns off 4G and switches to wifi. I think a lot of people don't realize this, but when I tried to use data this morning, I had wifi enabled but no connection. I turned wifi off, 4G kicked right in and had data connection.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I am on 4G and turn on wifi, it turns off 4G and switches to wifi. I think a lot of people don't realize this, but when I tried to use data this morning, I had wifi enabled but no connection. I turned wifi off, 4G kicked right in and had data connection.

right now my phone shows wifi and 4g.. both active in blue until I shut one down

MightyT01

Reaction score
I upgraded from my OG Droid to a used Bionic. Love it. Honestly, I had some quirky data drop issues with my OG. It would occasionally alternate between 3g and 1x. Had few data issues with the bionic but the update seems to be working. I think it was my work location since I'm in a bowl for our 4g towers.

Anyhow, I'm really likin the bionic. Big improvement if your upgrading from OG.

Knowpig

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the detailed response. I don't think that I can get the Bionic from Sam's Club, as I have to transfer an upgrade. I would need to get it at Verizon for $200 - $30 NE2. I will get it, but will wait until after Christmas to see if the price drops. No word on when we get LTE in Binghamton.

Not sure if it's offered I'm your market, but on Friday I bought the wife a certified pre-owned bionic from verizonwireless.com for $79.99.
At $79.99 I think this is the best dual core 4g lte phone out.
:)

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Not sure if it's offered I'm your market, but on Friday I bought the wife a certified pre-owned bionic from verizonwireless.com for $79.99.
At $79.99 I think this is the best dual core 4g lte phone out.
:)

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.

Please tell me that's with a contract renewal. If it's without contract renewal or extension I'm going to be pissed. I bought a used bionic in cherry condition with extended battery for 350 off contract. Saving my upgrade.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Please tell me that's with a contract renewal. If it's without contract renewal or extension I'm going to be pissed. I bought a used bionic in cherry condition with extended battery for 350 off contract. Saving my upgrade.

That is with 2 yr contract. It is $590 full price for pre owned.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mine off of swappa in mint condition for $325 off contract because I already used my upgrade on a phone a while back. I was surprised at how good of condition this phone was in. Everyone went crazy about the Razr and GNex and the Bionic started popping up like crazy at swappa. They were hit and miss but I jumped on this one when I saw the pics of it.

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
I have had my bionic for a few weeks now. I was told when I got it there was some software glitches and it would be resolved soon. I upgraded from the HTC Eris (rooted with Macdroids) A few days ago the update came down and it did improve the data dropouts (I live in a mixed 3g/4g area) It still has the buzzing sound when I use external speakers or a FM transmitter but it is less since the update. Overall I like the phone, so much faster then the Eris and so much more memory. The only thing I don't like is all these apps that are installed that I will never use and I can't get rid of them.
Took the plunge and rooted it already, I am looking at the best way to remove or "freeze" these bloated apps so I can still get updates when they are released. (I understand if I were to remove this bloat I will not get any more OTA updates)

I bought the extended battery, it was on sale and I got it for $25. With that the battery life is good and I imagine once I freeze the bloat, it will improve it more.

Mike