How will the Bionic (rear) camera be (vs the TB)

oresteez

Reaction score
Any well to tell how nice the camera will be?
Yes I know its 8 megapixels...that is not very reassuring.

I have had an OG Droid since day 1....we all know the camera is...OK.
I happened to think the cameras on the Incredible and the Droid X were great. It appears the TB's camera is great. Will the Bionic camera be just as good? Or will Moto drop the ball... (or can we assume since the DX camera is nice, that the Bionic will also be good...?)

Background info...I'm deciding between the TB or waiting for the Bionic. This is also dependent on the ability to stay with unlimited 4G data for 30 bucks (hopefully the phone comes out before tiered pricing..)

allan1313

Reaction score
I have the OG Droid as well and was never impressed with the camera. I hope its good. But I don't think it could compare to the S2's camera. The pictures from that camera look real good. I have not seen any pics from the TB.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm glade u started this tread-just the other nite I was comparing the bionics 8 meg to the htc evo 3ds 2x5megs-EVOs 3D camera-2560x2448-bionics camera-3264x2448-now common sense tells me the camera with the highest pixels is the better of the 2-can some1 confirm if that's true or not?

rage151

Reaction score
I'm glade u started this tread-just the other nite I was comparing the bionics 8 meg to the htc evo 3ds 2x5megs-EVOs 3D camera-2560x2448-bionics camera-3264x2448-now common sense tells me the camera with the highest pixels is the better of the 2-can some1 confirm if that's true or not?

I've always understood that megapixel means nothing regarding picture quality. It's simply the dimensions of the photo being captured. I think that quality depends on the CCD.

Reaction score

I've always understood that megapixel means nothing regarding picture quality. It's simply the dimensions of the photo being captured. I think that quality depends on the CCD.

three big things about cameras are: Sensor, Lens, and megapixels.

rage151

Reaction score
For the most part, the public is mislead to think more megapixels = better pictures. Absolutely not the case.

The sensor is the CCD I mentioned in my previous post.

We need to find out specs on the sensors in both phones.

rage151

Reaction score
also the image sensor has a huge part in quality. my droid 1's camera is ok but at night or low light. its horrible

Right, image sensor = CCD.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I wish someone would put that 8mp sony camera that's rumored to be in the new iphone in an android device... the iphones lowlight performance angers meeee its so good.