Is the Bionic Worth it?

KSutherland

Reaction score
I'm coming form an OG Droid and I'm due for an upgrade and wonder if the Bionic is worth it for the money since the price drop, or is it still a big hassle like people make it sound?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm coming form an OG Droid and I'm due for an upgrade and wonder if the Bionic is worth it for the money since the price drop, or is it still a big hassle like people make it sound?

Well worth it. For the vast majority of users the Bionic has been nothing short of terrific. The data drops and such were not widely experienced by users and drops were common across all 4G phones, not just the Bionic.

I've had the .893 update since it was leaked over a month ago and have been very, very pleased with my phones performance.

Good luck.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Best phone i've ever owned i have no desire to look at the latest phones released. Great performance, great battery. It's the perfect device for me.

zxd9

Reaction score
I've had mine a couple of weeks. Very pleased. No issues. Great screen and plenty fast. Call quality is very good in my opinion.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I'm loving mine. Might want to check out the Galaxy Nexus which came out today if you have the $$$, but for the price you still can't beat the Bionic.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Yes. I came from an og Droid to the bionic. Its a good phone and since the update its even better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jefmoody

Reaction score
I paid $299.99 on day one and was mostly pleased but the 3 issues that bothered me (Slow camera, dropping 3G/4G and losing installed apps on reboot) are now resolved. I updated yesterday and have given it a workout but cannot see anything wrong with the phone. I think you should go look at both but don't fear the Bionic...just pick the one you like best.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
As I read threads listening to folks complain about the RAZR battery life, and read the iPhone "battery-gate" thread on Mac Rumors form... yes, I love my Bionic with it's extended life, removable battery and a spare I can carry in the event I need it. Jus' say'n

Oh yea, and with the price drop, a GREAT deal!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jefmoody

Reaction score
I paid $299.99 on day one and was mostly pleased but the 3 issues that bothered me (Slow camera, dropping 3G/4G and losing installed apps on reboot) are now resolved. I updated yesterday and have given it a workout but cannot see anything wrong with the phone. I think you should go look at both but don't fear the Bionic...just pick the one you like best.

Oops, I failed to mention my smartphone history: LG Dare (If you can call it a Smart Phone), BB Storm (Buggy), DROID (Awesome), Droid2 (Returned for the X), DroidX (Loved the size and speed) and now the BIONIC (Same size and more speed - Lots easier to see outside).
I'll add that with this last update the Bionic is the best one on my list.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also came from the OG Droid and got the Bionic shortly after it came out. No regrets, but I do suggest getting Verizon's extended battery.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Warning. Dissenting opinion forthcoming. If you can't handle reading something negative about the Bionic, stop reading.

You have been warned.

The Bionic is a great phone if you want a never ending "hobby kit" phone... one you will continuously have to jack with to get it to connect to 3g or 4g data signal if you live in area where it needs to switch back and forth between the two.

If you don't care about that, and you like the feeling of being "smarter" than everyone else because you know exactly what the right procedure is to get your phone to recover because the phone cannot recover on it's own, then this will be a great phone for you.

If you have lowered expectations about what a phone that's "worth it" to you should be, then yes, the Bionic is the phone for you.

I would recommend trying one of the newer phones out before advising spending money on the Bionic, because no matter how cheap it is, because even if they gave this phone away, using it is annoying as crap when it refuses to connect. It makes you want to throw it against the wall, which I probably would have done if it was free.

Just my opinion.

bobbyvip1

Reaction score
I've had the bionic since wk 2 only issue i had was data drop but that was only recently ...since update not a single problem and i came from DROIDX. Luv this phone super quick

bionic. nuff said

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
After the update data drops are virtually non existent for me. I think it is somewhat location based, not sure how it will go for OP. Battery is good after update. Phone history: D1>Fascinate>Inc2>Bionic. Bionic is the best so far, I will never buy another Samsung again but thats just my bias.