Is the Bionic Worth it?

rumblee1

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. I entered android with the OD, upgraded to the X, now the bionic. Its been great from day 1. Only issues I had were the disappearing apps and the Wifi to 3g to 4g issue. But they were all resolved with the update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

samwifi

Reaction score
Bionic is the best phone I ever had... had the d2 global and the droidx. I have had virtually zero problems and I haven't even updated. Like two reboots over a 2 month period.. compare that to the daily reboots on droidx l.. I do recommend the extended battery.. a rock solid phone! And BTW - don't believe what you read.. the screen is terrific.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I would not wish the Bionic on my worst enemy, get the nexus one or the RAZR.

Sent from my Droid Bionic.

jefmoody

Reaction score
Bionic is the best phone I ever had... had the d2 global and the droidx. I have had virtually zero problems and I haven't even updated. Like two reboots over a 2 month period.. compare that to the daily reboots on droidx l.. I do recommend the extended battery.. a rock solid phone! And BTW - don't believe what you read.. the screen is terrific.

Ditto for me... Best phone ever since the update. I also was pissed before the update - dropped connections, disappearing apps and a camera that drove me nuts being so slow.
I have no issue at all with hearing about a bad phone -- I've had them before myself (BB STORM, LG DARE...etc). All opinions are welcome.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
As you read the posts in this thred, you will get opinions from two different people. Most of the people that reply will tell you the phone is great. these people have the bionic now and are enjoying the recent update motorola put out for it.

The other people will tell you its a pos and to stay away from it. this set of people are a bunch of trolls that more than likely have the razr and are upset because motorola fixed the issues people were having with the bionic, and now they are butt hurt and have nothing better to do than troll the forums trying to stear people away from the bionic because they need to justify having a phone with no replaceable battery, and a crappy screen.

Keep that in mind as you read everyones replies.

Zregnier

Reaction score
Not sure how the hell you are running all those missions for CTU with that OG Droid. Maybe you want the RAZR with it's Kevlar for your line of work?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
As you read the posts in this thred, you will get opinions from two different people. Most of the people that reply will tell you the phone is great. these people have the bionic now and are enjoying the recent update motorola put out for it.

The other people will tell you its a pos and to stay away from it. this set of people are a bunch of trolls that more than likely have the razr and are upset because motorola fixed the issues people were having with the bionic, and now they are butt hurt and have nothing better to do than troll the forums trying to stear people away from the bionic because they need to justify having a phone with no replaceable battery, and a crappy screen.

I may be misreading what you're saying but it sounds like you said there are two people posting on this thread; people who like the Bionic and trolls. That's not entirely true.

I don't have the problems that others had, and I wouldn't consider getting another phone, but even a casual looking at other threads show people dissatisfied. If they own a Bionic, but still have data drops, they aren't a troll. Opinions here are subjective.

The 2012 issue of Consumer Reports rates the Bionic#1 for Verizon (the Razr and Nexus were out too late for the poll, although they liked them). It's a great phone and I recommend it, but it has had some teething problems (like new phones do).

lbeberdick

Reaction score
I have the Bionic. It is a great mini computer. In general would go back to Blackberry in a heartbeat for business purposes. Found out i don't need 4G. Dont stream video or watch movies on the phone. Also found it NEEDS the high capacity battery. If you really need 4G there are newer phones out thete

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
You are right about there being Lots of opinions out there, but the vocal ones are either bionic lovers, or haters. I am referring to them in my post. They are the ones that will generously give their opinion as some already have.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I may be misreading what you're saying but it sounds like you said there are two people posting on this thread; people who like the Bionic and trolls. That's not entirely true.

I don't have the problems that others had, and I wouldn't consider getting another phone, but even a casual looking at other threads show people dissatisfied. If they own a Bionic, but still have data drops, they aren't a troll. Opinions here are subjective.

The 2012 issue of Consumer Reports rates the Bionic#1 for Verizon (the Razr and Nexus were out too late for the poll, although they liked them). It's a great phone and I recommend it, but it has had some teething problems (like new phones do).

Love my bionic. Phone history is og>bb curve>thunderbolt>bionic. And bionic is by far the best. Amazing phone
Never had data drops.. but an app or two did dissapear... hated the camera shutter lag. But all fixed in update. And i rooted and wifi tethering is the tits bever a hiccup.. got 3200kbps down and 1200 up. With 3g.. 28000kbps down and 7000 up. Lte. Amaaaazing speed. U wont be dissapointed. Heres a bench to look at. ;) hello mr nexus. This is with scaling on the cpu set mix/max 1ghz only.

CAP201112011133.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dlo-htown

Reaction score

Well since I am one of the ones you're calling a troll... let me just add that, unlike you, I don't care if someone else buys the Bionic or not, even though it is well documented that the update DOES NOT fix the data drop out problem.

I am not a phone zealot that feels I have to defend this phone as the 2nd coming of Christ. It's just a phone dude. Why it gets you all wound up having to defend it is one of the funniest things to come out of all this.

I could easily have written a post like yours, claiming those that love the Bionic are just too chicken to admit they bought a buggy phone and can't stand the thought of others laughing at them for buying such a lemon... but, I didn't. I just gave my opinion to someone that asked... the same opinion that LOTS of others have. We're not anti-Moto trolls... we are just pissed off consumers that got ripped off.

If the person asking decides to buy the Bionic, then good for them, best of luck, and I hope they don't regret it like I did. End of story.

But thanks for the laugh anyways.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I don't know if you still have the bionic or not, but the "official" update fixed the phone. I myself was getting sick of the phone until the update.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I don't know if you still have the bionic or not, but the "official" update fixed the phone. I myself was getting sick of the phone until the update.

I have the Bionic, I have the OTA update, and I still have the data drop out problem.

I'm not the only one either.