Is my Droid 1 hopelessly broken/bricked?

eshdawg

Reaction score
Yesterday, I decided to switch roms from golden elegance lithium to UD 7. After this point all is good. Reason I switched was because the first rom grew to be very laggy, not sure if this is related to my problem, but I thought I would mention it.

After UD 7 installed successfully I went to install the red rum 2 theme. BTW I used clockwork mod for all of these steps. After install was complete, I attempted to reboot. The phone got past the M logo, but barely would start to draw in "droid" during the animation, literally only a few pixels would show, than repeat.

At first I was able to go into recovery and wipe cache and restore factory settings. I did this several times, having to pull my battery to turn off phone every time. The reboot would not progress any further than before.

At this point I can't return to recovery (X + Power), but I can get to the bootloader. All it says is "Files Corrupted", "Cannot Program".

I attempted to use RSD Lite to flash the 2.01 .sbf file, but RSD wouldn't recognize my device, even with the bootloader screen showing.

I have already gone to Verizon and have a refurbed droid on the way. Beyond that is there anything I can do to restore my current droid?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

OP
E

eshdawg

Reaction score
I believe I installed the 64-bit drivers when I first rooted the phone. Should I try reinstalling them?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
UD 7 only officially supports SP Recovery. I got stuck in a boot loop when trying to flash it from Rom Manager. I was able to get back into recovery mode and re-flash.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
UD 7 only officially supports SP Recovery. I got stuck in a boot loop when trying to flash it from Rom Manager. I was able to get back into recovery mode and re-flash.

ya i heard when u use UD u should flash it and things for it directly threw recovery not threw rom manager

Reaction score
i downloaded and installed ultimate droid and rom manager is my recovery,but yea you need motos drivers and the latest version of rsd lite,and get the verizon sbf file,flash it,and just start all over.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
i downloaded and installed ultimate droid and rom manager is my recovery,but yea you need motos drivers and the latest version of rsd lite,and get the verizon sbf file,flash it,and just start all over.
ClockWork Recovery is your recovery image. ROM Manager is a separate entity entirely.

However, there may well be some incompatibilities. There's been bad blood in the past between the two teams, but official DF policy at this point is that's in the past and the future's the future, so we won't go into it now. That would explain why ROM Manager won't show UD and why there might be some incompatibilities.

And with that aside over, did the drivers help?

OP
E

eshdawg

Reaction score
I reinstalled drivers, rsd lite doesn't recognize any device. I'm just not sure why I am no longer able to get to recovery. Status now from bootloader 2c.7c is
"Code Corrupt" and flashing "cannot program".

While this is only a minor inconvenience in the scheme of things, and I should have a replacement tomorrow (fingers crossed), if this is indeed the work of some pimply-faced basement dweller over some internet "feud", than he can go f*** himself. Get a life you loser.

OP
E

eshdawg

Reaction score
Just wanted to add a thank you for everyone who has given me tips.