Unroot Droid 1, warranty questions, paranoid?

jgonza

Reaction score
First off, let me thank droidforums for all the help in rooting my Droid 1. Breathing new life into an old phone isn't enough, more like attaching a jetpack to the device! dancedroid

Unfortunately, the fun only lasted a few days. The decision was made to root since my warranty ends in less than a month. I got the phone in June of 2010. Luckily (or unluckily as it be), my power button does not work anymore. Rather than remapping the keys, I am going to send it in for a new phone.

I unrooted the phone, flashing back to FRG22D, installed stock OTA updates/stock recovery. When I went into the bootloader used RSD lite to flash, I had to rename the .sbf file due to the rsd memory allocation bug. Can verizon see that renamed .sbf file on the phone and make the conclusion that I rooted/unrooted my phone and voiding my warranty?

I also formatted the sdcard and wiped cache/restore defaults from recovery. Am I just being paranoid or is there something else I should be aware of?

Anyone had any problems with unrooted phones being charged back? Thanks again for all your help!

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
hey there man I am not a dev or ne thing but I rooted my samsung fascinate and it was in the14 day return period and I returned it to the store and after un rooting I wiped the phone and sd card and they have yet to say anything... and this was a few months back so i think you should be alright. However just check once more and make sure all your root apps are gone just in case.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have any apps that would require rooting installed.

dasanman69

Reaction score
I highly doubt they would go that in depth checking out the phone. They'll flash it themselves and wipe out any signs you did anything.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have returned rooted devices and heard zip in return. I honestly am questioning if they even look. I think they take the device out of the box, hook up to computer, reflash software, send it back out to someone else.

Providing there are no complaints of faulty hardware.....I am sure they test that AFTER they reflash it.

Actually....who could I call to see what they do when devices are returned?

Droid Diggler

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to unroot my droid and return to stock. Is there a zip that i can flash in clockwork that will do that? Something like the monster updater on droid x? If so can someone please tell me the name? There are so many different zips and im afraid to guess . Im currently running the latest saphire with 1100mhz kernal. Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sorry that this is late, but there is a thread here by jntdroid that has some pretty thorough instructions on how to unroot the Moto A855. It _might_ even be in the Rescue Squad guides section.

good luck